Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aramco, Are there Expats there to teach now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomad Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Aramco, Are there Expats there to teach now? Reply with quote

Hello, I was wondering if anyone working around any of the Aramco locations knew what the situation was like with expatriate kids there. I can't imagine that it is school as usual but I have lost contact with all of the Aramco Schools teachers.

What about the American schools or any other international schools in the Kingdom?

I am just curious.

Nomad Dan
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the British School in Riyadh (which was on the compound that was bombed and was sligthly damagaed I belleve) closed for the holidays, and the International Schools chain with about 4,000 students in different locations has done the same.
mehajaby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school is running as normal in aramco, according to my ex-neighbours. security is tight, just like it was after 9-11. many of the teachers have been there for years and arent afraid, the ones who are talking about leavung are maunly the newer ones with younger kids. For the ones with kids in boarding school, it isnt as much of an issue, they are content to hang out is the compund adn weekend in Bahrain.
Mark100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sitting in the 3Rd St school in Aramco at the moment doing an IT course and the kids are still here.
The International schools have all closed and will probably reopen after the summer vacation.They have been closed for a few weeks due to the safety situation.
The whole place is full or road blocks and there are armoured vehicles outside the compounds in Khobar.It takes ages to get anywhere so it is a real hassle here at the moment.
Nomad Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Thanks for the feedback. I guess the parties on the BA Compounds are few and far between. I wish it had worked out that I returned to Saudi Arabia, but I am content here in Texas.
Bet it is getting hot in Dhahran about now.
Thanks.
Nomad Dan
Mark100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entertainment venues on BA are closed and have been for some time.
No Goodfellas.
Bahrain is more popular as there is a real lull in entertainment due to the safety concerns.
It is not too hot....a balmy 45c!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: