Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Funniest TEFL site ever
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillip Donnelly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: The Funniest TEFL site ever Reply with quote

Dear all,
I've just come across, what I consider to be, by far the funniest, or at least the most cynical, TEFL site ever. The address is:
http://www.englishdroid.com
Enjoy!
bobs12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Kent, another one for the Index?

Have a look at this page:
http://www.englishdroid.com/cresswell_turner.html
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: link added Reply with quote

Yep. Laughing It's hilarious

and already added to The Master Index --- Editor's Corner.

Also added Phillip's homepage and updated the links at http://www.visarus.co.uk/ .

I have earned my Saturday night beer. Mr. Green
Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny site. I especially like the one about colleagues.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Cheers! Reply with quote

Hello Gordon:

As they say in Russia, За Ваше здоровье! Very Happy Cheers.
Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cheers! Reply with quote

Kent F. Kruhoeffer wrote:
Hello Gordon:

As they say in Russia, За Ваше здоровье! Very Happy Cheers.

OK Confused
bobs12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. I haven't been so glued to a single site for a long time.

Quote:
Scots

Nobody argues with Scottish teachers. This is not because of their reputation for belligerence, just that none of the other teachers can understand a word they are saying. Their own students can, but nobody can understand what they are saying. If you have to communicate with your Scottish colleagues, it is safest to write them memos.

Students who overlook the crucial difference between parts of a tiny remote European island are forced to sit through videos of Braveheart. They can get revenge by asking innocently before the World Cup, 'Which group is Scotland in?'

American superheroes

These have prodigiously inflated opinions of themselves and their abilities. Complete losers back home, overseas they inevitably outshine the indolent, illiterate, ragged-trousered peasants of whichever impoverished country they are teaching in. They are often competitive about learning the local language, which they speak loudly and affectedly in front of new teachers and tourists.

American superheroes are well aware that English teachers are near the bottom rung of the ladder of worldly success. They have great plans to move into more lucrative professions or start booming businesses. Oddly, these seldom materialise.

Superheroes love talking to you, but never of course about you. Be prepared to do a lot of nodding.

Couldn't find PD's site, what's the URL?

Kent, isn't it about time you gave the Master Indexes their own site? Very Happy
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: hey there! Reply with quote

Привет bobs12 et al:

For Phillip's site, just scroll down to the bottom of page 2 on The Master Index (RECENT ADDITIONS) third link from the bottom. He has a really nice collection of links, some of which relate directly to Russia.

Thanks to Castro for keeping me updated & sending new links! Wink

A site of their own?

Nah. I'm a loyal Dave's user. If they don't come here, that's their own fault. Twisted Evil

OK - I've just downed 3 bottles of the famous Thai Chang Beer (elephant beer) so let me repeat: За Ваше здоровье to one and all - I miss you guys!

I'm leaving the computer now in search of food.
Groucho the Mutt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
I'm glad you liked the Android.com site.
Thanks for including me in the reference section. However, the site is an old version from my Spanish days. The latest version's address is www.geocities.com/ambricol/addresses. There are more Russian links on this site too.
Before my luck runs out, is there any chance of shamelessly plugging my novel? It's been three years since I wrote it, but I've still only managed to get five people to read it, and all of them are relatives! I really wish I was exaggerating...
It's called The Zoo, and one of the characters is President Putin, so there's a tenuous Russian link. It also stars President Bush, Margaret Thatcher, some monkeys, a few talented whales and an albino gorilla. They're all kidnapped and brought to an intergalactic zoo.
The address is www.geocities.com/ambricol/zoo
We live in hope...
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: okidoki Reply with quote

I've just updated the link - no problem! Wink
bobs12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent... Elephant Beer? Sounds suspicious... how do they get the beer out of the elephants? Do they just use them as great mash pots, like walking breweries? Or do they use them as ingredients? Happy hunting! Wink Come back to Russia. It's much simpler over here!

Phil... er, Groucho... the first link doesn't work. On first skim the novel looks like Fear and Loathing would if it had been written by Orwell Very Happy Definitely going to be printed and read in full! Will your first child be named bobs12?! Shocked

Noticed you signed up for my site. Let me know if you didn't get the password sent to you- I spent last night writing a password retriever thingummajig for all the people whose mailboxes reject my server's emails, so I want to try it out Laughing

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the man on the droid site? I get a 'not delivered' reply.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Beer & Periods Reply with quote

That Beer Chang is strong stuff I tell ya. Cool fyi --- The first link works OK if you delete the period. Razz
Groucho the Mutt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elephant beer is lethal for humans, and should only be drunk by elephants, due to their larger liver and bigger brain.
I don't know how to get in contact with the Droid guy-perhaps he's been silenced by one of the directors he lampooned. The good always die young.
Phillip Donnelly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err.. Sorry. Groucho the Mutt is a pseudonym I made up and never bothered with. I must have looged in with the wrong name. This is, of course, Phillip Donnelly.
zaneth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in a different language environment, humor is greatly missed. Thanks for the link. This site is classic. Though the above quoted jibe at Americans hits rather close to home. Ouch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: