Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How bad is the rainy season??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmeichs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: How bad is the rainy season?? Reply with quote

I was thinking of going to Costa Rica this April through Nov. but I keep reading that this is the rainy season. For those of you who've lived in Costa Rica, how bad is it really? It is rainy everywhere or just San Jose area? I'm from Seattle (rains 364 days out of the year here) so I don't really want to spend a lot of money just to head somewhere where it rains the whole time. Is it nicer along the coast? Is it even possible to get teaching jobs along the coast? Seems like most people are working in San Jose area only. Please let me know what the real deal is, thanks!
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For coming from Seattle, you'll think the rain different. Generally, most of Central America gets heavy afternoon rains from April to October. These can be torrential, but not 24/7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cheza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been here for about 5 months now, in San Carlos, which is the raniest part, way up in the mountains. I gotta say that the rain here in Decmber was pretty bad, it rained for about 2 weeks straight with out stopping at all. But it wasnt really raining that hard, more like a light drizzle for 2 weks straight. There have been other times when it will rain an incredible amount in just a few minutes, and then stop for the rest of the day. Ive heard that the rainy season isnt nearly as bad in the central valley, where most people live, and most of the good teaching jobs are. But being from the northwest (as I am also) it wont be too difficult to get used to.
kid ehglish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Guanacaste for two years before I moved to San Jose. In Guane it was sooo hot and humid in the rain season I could hardly bare it. Much hotter and humid than where I live now, in Thailand.
funk_delilah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle unfortunately? Come on now. I'm suprised that a fellow Seattleite would be worried about some rain.

But, I would agree - the rainy season is different down there. When it rains, it does so pretty hard. But usually you can predict it and know that it will be over in a couple hours.

Lovin' Seattle and the rain,
Funk Delilah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: