Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studying in France, TESOL Cert and Visa Question...????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jame Velmont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Studying in France, TESOL Cert and Visa Question...???? Reply with quote

Ok, here's the caper. I very much want to live, work and study in France (pref. Paris). I am Canadian so I can get a 2 year working holiday visa. No problem. I'm planning to get TESOL certified IN Paris (with a company called TEFL International).

First of all, has anyone heard anything about this school's reputation. The course costs about $1800 Canadian and seems to be the standard deal (120 hours, includes actual TEACHING, etc). Any info on it would be most appreciated.

Second, whats this I hear about enrolling in a Univeristy for 300 euros a YEAR! Is it me or is that insanely cheap?!? Is that just for ONE class? Again, any info...?

And finally, as my main goal is to study french (and work just enough to support myself for food rent etc) should I apply for the 2 year working holiday visa, or perhaps go with a student visa? I was under the impression that in order to qualify for a student visa I have to be a FULL TIME student, but I'm not really sure what is considered 'full time'. If I went over there on a student visa would I legally be able to work?

Thanking you in advance for all your insightful answers...cheers and have a great day!
the_p0et

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: 300euros/year?! Reply with quote

Hey,

I read your post about wanting to study French in France. I�m also looking into doing that and heard about it only being $300euros/year to study at a French University. Have you found any other info about this?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: