Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School Breaks in Prague?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: School Breaks in Prague? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the school breaks are in Prague? I'm thinking about flying home for Christmas, but if it is only a few days it won't be worth the time, effort and money. Also, what is the best part of Prague to live in? I'm taking the TEFL worldwide course in July, and I'll have all of August to set up the logistics. Not too expensive, but relatively close to public transport and a decent social scene. Any suggestions?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have at least a couple of weeks for Christmas break.
I lived in Zizkov and Vysocany. I loved both.
There are quite a few nice areas in greater Praha. Just be sure to be near enough to a metro station or tram stop. Because housing is always in relatively short supply, you'll really need to be there and to find what you can at that time. TEFLW can put you in touch with good real estate agents, I think. Don't worry about this now!! You can't do much until you are actually there.
scholzilla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious why you picked TEFL worldwide. I'm looking at programs myself and would be interested in your input.
nanook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose TEFL worldwide because I was originally going to go through ITC, but they've had some pretty bad press lately. TEFL Worldwide apparently has a better reputation, lower housing prices, and a lot of people on this board have vouched for it.
zewd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: tefl worldwide Reply with quote

I will also be getting a certificate through TEFL Worldwide, as will a friend of mine. We're going in May. While they're not a "big name" school, I've heard nothing but good things about them. The staff have been extremely helpful to us so far, they've promptly answered our questions and helped me through a Czech bank mishap (Bank mishaps and I'm not even there yet! The bank, not the school, double-charged me- but everything is taken care of now with no damage done.)

As a contrast, I've heard that it's hard to get individual support or even replies to questions from some of the bigger-name schools.

Best of luck, whatever you choose!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: