Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice comeback!
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....the powers that be have banned smoking from bars and eateries and banished those wishing to do so to the street.

Good let them stay out there and pollute each others lungs far from the reach of cancer-stick non users.

It is a disgusting, pointless anti-social habit and sadly prevalent in this particular part of Europe.

On second thoughts even standing shivering outside locals and bars at night is too good for these polluters....
They should be hosed down with freezing cold water every time they light up anywhere...until pneumonia or common sense forces them to give up.
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy,

You will certainly bear the wrath of HL, the last of the late great smokers. In his last note, he told me to spell. I guess he really wanted to understand the fine points of my post. my comeback to him is that he should learn to remove gallbladders , tumors, and treat copmplex medical conditions like diabetes and hypertension. Then perhaps, I will have the time to learn how to type.
SueH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BW,

You've left Inlingua! Can you now tell us more?

As for 'Hector' - verb or noun -I'm not sure. I'm glad he believes there's enough money from tobacco tax revenues to treat both lung cancer and brain cancer victims. Can I also have a share of the money for all the additional showers and washing I need because of tobacco smoke. I came in last night and had to throw everything in the wash and have a shower because I stank of smoke so much.
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don�t think all the pollution that hangs over Madrid, for example, comes from cigarettes.

After a day in the city, the smell of cigarettes is refreshing and clean.
grahamb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Smoke gets in your ojos. Reply with quote

That brown cloud that hangs over Madrid is probably the residual reek from all the heretics consigned to the flames in the good old days.
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hector_Lector wrote:
I don�t think all the pollution that hangs over Madrid, for example, comes from cigarettes.

And your point is?

After a day in the city, the smell of cigarettes is refreshing and clean.

You've got to be kidding!!!

No response to the fact that your cell phone idea didn't make sense?
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cell phone idea makes lots of sense.

That�s where the dunderheads who use them should be sent - to a cell!

It�s bad enough having to watch out for idiots who use the phone whilst driving - come round a bend and there�s always one in the middle of the road. And morons who wander around the city, babbling inanely to their equally inane friends.

All the time, they are emitting deadly carcinogenic waves, sweeping out like an invisible sonic tsunami.

Just you wait - one day, you�ll wish that all you had to deal with was some harmless tobacco smoke.

Anyway, considering the price of tabs, you should be grateful for all the free nicotine you get - there should be a tax on passive smokers. Why should we pay, while you get all the benefit?
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HL said:

"It�s bad enough having to watch out for idiots who use the phone whilst driving - come round a bend and there�s always one in the middle of the road. And morons who wander around the city, babbling inanely to their equally inane friends.

Anyway, considering the price of tabs, you should be grateful for all the free nicotine you get - there should be a tax on passive smokers. Why should we pay, while you get all the benefit?[/quote]"
----------------------------------------------------------
as i said, i don't want your nicotine or any other drug, thank you. don't need 'em. i find that life itself is sweet enough, especially with a clear mind and body.

what color is the sky in your world? since when do two wrongs--of any kind--make either of them right?

again, enjoy your cancer and shorter life. and don't tell me how old your smoking relatives were. who knows how long they'd have lived if they hadn't smoked?

Go (non-smoking) Italy!

Ciao e pace a tutti,

jn
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour is the sky in my part of the world? Dirty brown - pollution, cars, cows.

Cows - the enemy of the free world. Methane-farts, destroying the atmosphere.

Vegetarians - friends of cows, enemies of the world. Yoghurt-eaters, inviting bacteria to infest their intestines. More methane, less of nature.

Eat more meat - cut the methane.
sheepgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice - you managed to insult both animal producers and vegans in the same paragraph! Cleverly done!
I don't see any connection between cell phone users and cigarette smokers - cell phones are annoying but harmless. Cigarette smoke isn't just annoying, it's pathogenic both to the users and to the innocent bystander.
Gregorio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is pathetic is that no matter what forum you go into these stupid smokers Vs. non-smoker arguments always get the most replies. However, if you actually have a legitimate question or some insightful information, people basically ignore it.

And now I am a hipocrate.
grahamb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Hot air, etc Reply with quote

Invisible sonic tsunami... sounds like something the bad guy in a James Bond film would create to bring about the early demise of humanity. Alas, even Fleming couldn't have dreamt up a villain called "Dubya".
Re gaseous anal expulsions - bovine and otherwise - I think a chemical colourant would be an excellent idea, enabling us to identify anyone who squeezes out a silent one. The culprits could then be hit with spot fines.
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinning up now in the Vatican - ready to send out clouds of noxious smoke. Tut tut, and in a non-smoking country. Were I unable to spell, I would say - Hipocrates!
daily chai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Hector Lector:
"�Your rights end where my my body begins.� (And quote from whom...?)"

This is similar to a quote from Abraham Lincoln, the Civil War president of the US who said "your rights end where mine begin."

Hooray for the smoking legislation being enforced!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: