Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self Introduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julietpraba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi, I am Julie, a Teacher from India/TamilNadu/Madurai. Can anybody help me find a Teaching Job for me in Salalah? I am M.A., M.Ed., and have 6 years experience. My Phone # (edited out by moderator)
whatgoesaround

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

julietpraba wrote:
Hi, I am Julie

Hi, Julie. Never post your phone number on the internet. Maybe you can delete or edit your post before it's archived. Maybe not.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

That was good advice not to post phone numbers and I am glad that they have been removed.

First off, you gave no idea as to what you teach. What subject? (this is an English teaching board) What level? Primary? Secondary? University?

The second problem for you is that very few employers read these boards. It is very rare for a person to get any kind of job offer from a posting here. Most of the people here are looking for new jobs as you are.

The third problem is that Salalah is a rather small place and you almost never even see a job advert listed in the employment section of Dave's Cafe.

I think your best approach would be to do an internet search for the names and addresses of schools in Salalah. Check out their websites, if they have them. If not, you will just have to send off a CV by mail and see what happens.

Good Luck

VS
zakiah25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Teaching jobs in Oman Reply with quote

Julie (as VS mentioned), what level do you teach?
Depending on this, you could contact (try their websites) the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education in Muscat.
Also, try the website of the newspaper, "Gulf News" as they frequently list teaching jobs.
Failing that, look for individual private schools that frequently advertise on the job websites such as Muscat College or Muscat Private School as they seem to be opening branches throughout the country.Maybe you could even contact the British Council in Muscat.Usually someone there knows about various job vacancies.
julietpraba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.
I taught English and Education in a Teacher's collge in India. And I have taught English and Social Science for Secondary Level and Higher level students in various schools in India. Since I needed to join my husband in Salalah, I left my job and came here.
Can I look for getting Ministry of Education/Oman Contact Email Id etc., The Ministry web site address is in Arabic; I could not follow. If anybody could help me find the route, I shall be highly thankful.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliet,

Can your husband bring you there under his work visa? The best way to find a job in Salalah would probably be to be there in person. With your credentials and experience you should be able to find a job.

If he can't bring you on his visa, when he gets there, he could check into the jobs and find how what you should do to apply.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: