Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info about UMEA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Info about UMEA Reply with quote

HI!

I am moving to Umea shortly. My husband will go to the university to study a masters on Transportation Design. I have been an English teacher for 10 years now, and I was wondering if someone knew about this city. I would like to know about the people, job opportunities for me, if housing is easy to find, how expensive the city is, etc.

Thanks much!

Gaby
bnix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: UMEA????????WHERE is IT? Reply with quote

People might be able to help you if you would tell us where"UMEA" is...this is not just a troll, is it?Anyway,if such a city exists(I am not doubting your word),it obviously does not have the name recognition of say,London,Berlin,Prague,etc.WHERE is it? Rolling Eyes
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: U=where=a ? Reply with quote

Umea ? Is this a windup ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umea is in Sweden, isn't it?
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Umea Sweden Reply with quote

Dear gaby:

The university seems to be the focal-point of this town. Not too much info on the Web, but you might find a few interesting tidbits here:

http://w1.901.telia.com/~u90112985/umea/Body.htm

My hunch is that you will not get many replies here on Dave's, since Sweden is not known for having an active EFL marketplace. Wink

Good luck Exclamation
keNt
gaby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint, Kent. I visited the Sweden Embassy here in my country just today and they gave a web site as well about jobs in Umea. I�ll see what I can find.
Thanx again Smile

Gaby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: