Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thailand - Are they for real?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerese

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Thailand - Are they for real? Reply with quote

I keep writing to schools in Thailand when they post jobs. They don't reply. They write me after I post, asking for my CV and picture. I provide my CV (again), and then never hear from them again. I have talked to people in Bangkok who say they have jobs online and then call them to hear - just kidding! Uh.... that job has been taken. But here is another job that is 15,000 a month for 45 hours a week. I have had it! Is there anyone for real in Thailand? Please let me know. Also, anyone had similar experiences? Thanks. Smile

-I'm for real.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Where are you? Do you have a degree? Reply with quote

Most schools in Thailand are pretty disorganized especially regarding hiring foreign staff.

If you're not in the country then certainly they're much more likely to hire someone who is sitting in their office.

Also, if you don't have a university degree or teaching experience then they probably can't really hire you anyway, but avoid telling you that directly.
gingerese

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: I see, but... Reply with quote

I have been right in Bangkok with my original degree (BA) and a CV and proof of previous experience. But if you are right about their disorganization of hiring, then that would explain it. Thanks for honest reply. Cool
Bruce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: BKK tip Reply with quote

Don't call. Don't Email. Just go. They get thousands of Emails from people dreaming of changing their lives. It is difficult for them to find the real applicants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wtdot03

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: jobs in thailand Reply with quote

I have had no problems,i secured three jobs using Tefl.com which is a really good website.I picked the one i liked best and i am starting in 2 weeks.youre better of posting your cv on a site and waiting for them to come to you.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Cambodia. Just go. they want to see if you have all your teeth.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: what ? Reply with quote

They want to check that you are the genuine steam-driven loco and not some diesel gizmo.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even apply for the job I now have in Thailand: I posted my CV on the Jobs Wanted Resume Board and received an offer almost immediately.
kid ehglish

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a time not long ago when you didn't see too many jobs for thailand. Those that i remember were mostly low paying grade school stuff. that has all changed. if you want a job in bangkok and a good rate of pay there are a lot of others already there who'll beat you out. i live in the south where it isn't as desireable and there are plenty of good paying jobs available. even now that we are two weeks into the semester our school is in need of two teachers. the farther south you go the more jobs you'll find. the problem is that not many western folks want to live in the deep south. they'll ask you for a photo and make an excuse it is needed for immigration or something. a nice face will take you far in asia.
OzBurn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Ehglish, could you please explain what you mean by good pay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: