Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I got a job!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: I got a job! Reply with quote

OK bragging time...

I got a job! I start next month at ITESM Toluca. Im psyched!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Old Gringo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool for you. Congrats! Be sure to pack warm clothes.

TOG
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Frigid Toluca Reply with quote

Funny, no? Toluca is one of the few places in Mexico that can get snow in the winter (usually Novemebr or December). As a Canadian, I'm endlessly amused when I see people here marvelling at snow. That, and spending a Sunday afternoon at the skating rink in south Mexico City.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
M@tt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Job Reply with quote

Me too! ITESM/Veracruz State (Cordoba). The reality is slowly setting in--I finally have to complete my membership agreement with BMG or face a life on the run, country to country, fleeing from their collection agents, printing up fake checks, assuming multiple identities, etc.

Thanks for the advice from everyone on this board who actually gave advice (about 5 the last time I counted). By the way, I got my job by doing internet searches and then sending email "cover letters" to every school that looked interesting, for those of you who are curious.
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: BMG? Reply with quote

Congrats Matt. When do you start? and more importantly, when can I come visit and sponge off ya when I need a break from Toluca? Laughing
What is BMG?
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: BMG is from hell Reply with quote

I made the mistake of not completing the requirements of my BMG membership 7 years ago. My life has been hell ever since.

They have followed me everywhere. I thought Icould run, I thought I could hide, but they are like Matrix agents, popping up wherever there are people, CD consumers.

I got so bad that once, in a tiny village in northern Vietnam, I woke up to find a small tracking collar on my ankle. I couldn't remove it. I had to sneal across the border to find an old Cambodian man in the hills, famed for having been the only one every to escape the BMG Gestapo. Thankfully, he removed my collar and I returned to civilization.

It wasn't long before the problems started again. This time, in New Zealand. They had used some mind control trick on a nearby flock of sheep, getting they to bay at all hours of the night, except they weren't baying, but crudely saying in sheeplike voices, 'BEEEE-EMMMM-GEEEE'. It drove me crazy, so I fled to Argentina.

It only got worse. Phone calls, cell phone text messages, emails, phantom knockng on my door. I even found a severed pig's head on my front porch!

I've made the decision to finally complete my membership agreement. Tomorrow, I will fly back to Canada and throw myself to the mercy of BMG. I will buy that one, last CD...

Yours truly,
Phickshunel Phil
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: huh? Reply with quote

Guy

While Im sure your last post is uproariously funny, Id enjoy it more if I understood what BMG was....
LM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMG is just like Columbia House. You know... you get 10 CDs for a penny, but you sign your life away. Smile
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: rofl Reply with quote

Now Im ROFL!
M@tt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually BMG is much better than colombia house. i've joined at least 10 times in the last 5 years. each time i get about 16 CDs for a grand total of $50. most new releases are not available unless you pay the price, but you can get almost anything from 2001 or earlier in this deal. it works out to about $3 per cd. if you don't like a cd after you order it, you don't even have to feel bad about giving them out as party favors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: