Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rice Paddy Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: P Reply with quote

Hows the pizza?
Gregorio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best pizza in Italy is at La Pizzeria Mediterraneo in Centro di Perugia (regione Umbria)
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregorio....How the hell can you be so sure.......?? Shocked Shocked

How many places have you tried Pizza....?

I have eaten it in Naples, Sorrento, Rome, Nola, Amalfi, Positano, Caserta, Casertavecchia, Cicciano, Salerno, Ischia and Pomigliano.
Not to mention several other places!

For me the best pizza was one served up on a foggy night in a deserted Casetavecchia sometime in early February.

Truly wonderful Salami and mozzarella with a hint of herb and a small kick of an aftertaste.

I demand you go there forthwith and eat this majesty of pizza before making such rash pronouncements.
Gregorio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the name of the restaurant.... that should say enough. Granted, I lived 100 meters down the road. Anyway, it's just my opinion. Chill out.
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is one thing designed to make me anything but calm is North Americans telling me to 'chill out'.

If anyone needs to chill out it's North Americans and their senseless, mindless, violent culture that is exported all around the world.

I'll chill out when you lot do.....!!
Gregorio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the problem with these forums. This post was about Pizza and then all of a sudden some idiot has to turn it into a personal attack. With your last post, Wonder Boy, you display more signs of an "American" than any American that has ever posted on this site.

I really don't understand... do people go get drunk, come home, and start posting on this site or something? What's with all the attitude all the time? I'll let you have the last word because I feel like less of a person having responded to your idiocy at all.
DaniRome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: I can resist anything except temptation. Reply with quote

[b]Can't we all just get along?!?!?! [/b]
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregerio...understand this...when you go round condescendingly telling people to 'chill out' like some festival going new age hippy....well it ain't going work...only inflame matters.....

As for idiocy....well sounds like wisconsin has cornered the market in it!

Last words!!
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with you, greg. i admit i've gotten involved in one of those conversations, which was about a topic i felt strongly about. but at least it was the topic of the message i was responding to. when someone uses their disagreement about a post to slam americans in general, it's not fair. since when has any one of us ever had responsibility for teh way a whole country acts/votes? That would be as bad as us saying all of Italy is stupid because Berlusconi is in office, when most Italians I know don't like or suport him. You are right, there are plenty of other sites/forums for people to deal with those issues, if that's what they want to do.

BTW, I thin BW was the one wo was condescending in his tone. I have seen posts by others who speak in that tone on other forums, so I've learned to ignore them or take them for what they are worth. But your comments are appreciated.

JN
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel so hard done by jnesta1...we don't all blame you for 17 years of Republican neo conservative policies since 1980!!

BTW what is wrong with Berlusconi?? Shocked Shocked seems like a popular guy doing a good job to me and many others..!

As for condescending..well I have been called worse but then again my mother and girlfriend and consultant psychiatrist think I am great and there the ones whose opinions I really value.

Anyway this forum is supposed to be about P.......P for pizza...so go on jnesta1..contribute something positive and tell us where you ate the best pizza of your Italian experience?
dina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand why some people have to spoil certain things..
Isn't this forum ment to add something positive to our teaching experiences? Can't we just help each other out a little instead of insulting people for something silly like a pizza? People have different opinions Boy Wonder, you'd better except it or you're gonna make life very complicated for yourself. You should really chill out a little and if you really don't have anything positive to say, just don't say anything at all
(if you feel like responding to this message then think twice before writing any other insults please, cause if you do you only prove I'm right)
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dina...sort your own life out before telling others how to sort theirs out!
You seem to be taking things far too seriously and anyway since when did 'Daves' become a forum for postive people? Shocked
Seems to have been a forum attracting exactly the opposite ever since I can remember!!

Ever heard of tongue in cheek?....Nope didn't think so!.....We don't all write from the heart meaning exactly what we write....so don't take everything as gospel.

By the way...you aren't one of those people who find 'The Vicar of Dibley' funny if you're from the UK...or 'Everybody Loves Raymond' if you're North American........are you???

Only asking!
dina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've got my life sorted out just fine seeing that I'm not the one who's frustrated all the time.
Reading all your replies on this forum I can have a guess as well, don't you think? Bet you are one of those TEFL teachers and their end thirties, just not knowing what to do with their lifes, or just afraid of making any real decisions. That's why you're traveling all over the world but just don't seem to find what you're looking for (except money which to you seems something very important if not the most important thing in life) And that's what's frustrating you. And seeing that you're far from home, no friends around you're acting out on people on this forum. Am I right or not? If some one needs sorting out their lifes it's YOU, and not me.
dina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've got my life sorted out just fine seeing that I'm not the one who's frustrated all the time.
Reading all your replies on this forum I can have a guess as well, don't you think? Bet you are one of those TEFL teachers at their end thirties, just not knowing what to do with their lifes, or just afraid of making any real decisions. That's why you're traveling all over the world but just don't seem to find what you're looking for (except money which to you seems something very important if not the most important thing in life) And that's what's frustrating you. And seeing that you're far from home, no friends around you're acting out on people on this forum. Am I right or not? If some one needs sorting out their lifes it's YOU, and not me.
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dina....Hope you're not out there teaching TEFL....the last thing we need is another unqualified know-it-all in the business!
Don't you know that names usually start with a capital letter?
By the way I'm not one of those teachers not knowing which direction their "lifes" or lives as we say in England are going!!
I suggest you sort out your use of English grammar even before sorting yourself out...which judging by the resentment and bitterness you display on this thread...is something you really should try to do!
As for important decisions...well at least I can make a decision on which place serves up the best pizza in my experience and the actual point of this thread rather than your hysterical warblings!!

As for your guesswork....the accuracy of a bloodhound with no sense of smell....less of the late thirties....not quite there yet!
Travelling all over the world because I want to....earning a comfortable amount of money, very useful for the future.

As for no friends..plenty thanks and you????

Seems to me you should go out and find yourself a real man who can help you be less uptight and defensive about yourself and your country.
Then and only then will you be someone whose replies I might view with something more than complete entertainment and contempt!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: