Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pope

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashartist1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: The Pope Reply with quote

As we are all expecting his Excellency will soon pass onto the Light of God to be sitting next to our Heavenly Father. What is the feeling about this in Italy? I really wish I was in Italy to feel the sorrow and the feelings of the crowds of people who are filling the square in front of the Vatican.

How are people taking it in Italy? What are their thoughts on the situation are people taking off from work or is it affecting their lives in anyway?
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoretically, he was a world pope, therefore what the Italians think or believe is as important as what any other believers in this heretical sect think or believe.

Meanwhile, in the real Christian world, we continue believing in Jesus and in God, and take no notice of men in blouses.
grahamb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: In deepest sympathy. Reply with quote

Don't sugar-coat it, Hector; give it to 'em straight!
Having foisted Wolfie on us as head of the World Bank, Mr Bush is no doubt lining up a suitable candidate for the Papacy. My choice would be Father Jack Hackett. Drink! Feck! *rs*! Girls!
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father Dougal for a kinder, simpler world view.

Michael Jackson - suffer little children, etc.
grahamb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Michael Jackson in the Vatican. Reply with quote

Can you imagine a two-hour Mass with all those backing singers, dancers, lights, lasers and dry ice?
It's a shame that comedian Dave Allen expired recently. He'd have brought a refreshingly different perspective to the job.
Hector_Lector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmie the Bus!

He�d pick you up, take you there, give the sermon AND drive you hame! Maybe even stop at the Ca�dora on the way!
crashartist1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my question was not been answered and now that the situation has changed, I have a new question. What is the mood in Italy like, what was the atmosphere like on Saturday night when the Pope died and Sunday, the first time in 26 years there hasn't been a Pope?

I specifically asked about Italy, because this is the Italy forum, not the German forum or the Turkey forum, it would be a little odd to ask what the feelings and thoughts are around the world when I am speaking directly to people in a certain country.
grahamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Jimmy the Bus Reply with quote

I dinna think he's of the left-foot persuasion. Alas, he no longer sells the evening paper. The Ca'dora's aye there, though!
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original question is a little strange: people aren't exactly jumping for joy in Rome - or in Italy - or anywhere else for that matter either. I doubt if Catholics here feel any differently from Catholics elsewhere.

Media coverage is 100% the Pope, as I imagine it is in other countries. The only difference is that Rome is absolutely full to bursting point with people coming to "pay their last respects". Tents have been set up around the city, police / civil protection guards are out in force, and medical stations and portaloos have been set up close to the Vatican. Oh, and hoteliers, restauranteurs and snack sellers have been accused of raising their prices. Nothing new...
horse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His Excellency? What century are you living in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: