Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Academy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y Vamos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: European Academy Reply with quote

Hi. Has anyone taught at the European Academy on Paseo Colon? How is it?
yarrowworld

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: european academy Reply with quote

The EA is a unique place. I worked there in 2003 for about three months or so perhaps it has changed since I know that management has and a new site has opened I believe in Escazu. But what I think would remain true is the teaching technique. In the beginning levels the students learn to speak English at a very rapid rate through repetition and more repetition, and it is expected that the teacher be very animated and even a bit theatrical in their presentation. There is a brief but decent training and then you are pretty much on your own, very little teacher support or provided materials. The way they schedule teachers is unique too, you have a different set of classes every week so its nice flexibility but a little unreliable. The building is very fancy but I felt it was about show and not a whole lot of substance. But they accept just about anybody to work so a great place really especially for travelers. Let me know if you would like more info on this or San Jose or other places to work
Y Vamos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once talked to the director but didn't teach there. Yeah, it seemed that they would train you for a couple of weeks and then place you without asking for any credentials. I just wanted to see what it was like. What was the pay scale and hours they gave you? Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: