Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UGRU flight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had all that in my Middle East jobs, and as far as I have heard, Korea has WINTER!! ugh... Other than a lack of 'companionship' for the straight male, there is nothing on your list lacking in the Gulf.

VS
Gnocchiman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now how did that happen? I leave my computer for 2 hours and suddenly the "UGRU Flight" thread turns into a discussion on Korea?. Don't they have their own special forum? Just kidding-Lionbrian, I admire your love of Korea. But if it's true what they say about the Korean winter-as pointed out by VS-then I don't think I'll be applying there anytime soon-even if they do have a TGIFridays Cool .
lionbrian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Dear Gnocchiman! Reply with quote

Thanks for your note!

KIMCHI DUDE!

Cold in Korea? A joke to me compared to where I come from. Believe me! And it's always nice to have a balance in weather. Too hot or too cold is never good. No extremes please!

Regarding Korea Forum! It all started with those folks out there complaining about UGRU & HCT contracts! I just suggested to them if they are not happy, the green grass in Korea in fact EXISTS!

Also, I do not really have a platonic love for Korea. It's just things grew on me here, liked it & still like it and I am leading a very comfortable life. But please be reminded that Korea is a bad ESL market for teachers with families (especially schooling), and the Gulf area is the best they can get
Gordon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Gordon! Reply with quote

lionbrian wrote:
What else do you want Mad Shocked ????????? Beach/ money/ Time to study/ No sexual frustration at all? Treated very nicely & with respest/ Lots of travelling (min 3 times a year)/ Good old buddies/ Gyms/ Time for publication/ Potential savings AND THE LIST GOES ON!!!!!!!

How about where you live???? Cool

I'd rather not say, but since you asked:
5 months off/year
3 day work week, this year will be 4
12 teaching hours/week
no office duties or meetings
subsidized house which is very large and in a nice area
very close to great beaches.
generous travel and research budget
good salary

This is a f/t job in a Japanese university.

I don't want to start a p*ssing contest, my job is better than your job. Laughing
lionbrian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Gordon! Reply with quote

Gordon!

Are you bringing Am $ 6000/Month after tax? With having all these vacations and nice perks.

MY CASE: YES, I DO.
Very Happy

The truth hurts but it does not kill eh!
Gordon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Gordon! Reply with quote

lionbrian wrote:
Gordon!

Are you bringing Am $ 6000/Month after tax? With having all these vacations and nice perks.

MY CASE: YES, I DO.
Very Happy

The truth hurts but it does not kill eh!

No, but then I would rather spend the extra time with my family and study. I make more than enough.

Like I said before, I'm not into a job comparison. We both have great jobs that 95% of TEFL teachers would love to have.
lionbrian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gordon,

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least we are making money and having all these sweet perks without living in the dangerous zones. Oh, by the way, wearing mini-skirts here in Korea with this cold weather makes me think TWICE if I really want to relocate to the Gulf.

P.S: Gordon: I am raising 2 kids while working and doing my PHD here in Korea!
nowasta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the people at UGRU are going to get the 25% raise (locals) and 15% (expats) for gov't/federal employees. It was announced across the UAE today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: