Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm the one being bitter... Right!
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittersweet Wink
Mark a Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: try spizzico.... Reply with quote

Did someone say PIZZA HUT?

If anyone needs to chill out it's North Americans and their senseless, mindless, violent culture that is exported all around the world... famous but certainly not last words from Boy Wonder...

Ummm does that world include soccer too? [...oooppps sorry... Im just a stupid wrongside of the road driving American] ... gess I shudda sayd... football match?

Wot say we pop round the Jack, drin' a pint a bitter, get a wee bit Oliver Twisted and then let our hooligan-minded commonsense and nonviolent ways beat each other silly over those issues which are TRUELY important such as football... Or is there a simplier cure for this ENGLISH DISEASE? Yes there is!...I say English muffin pizza, blackpudding and one pint for everyone...yes thats right...1 pint divided by everyone!!!

Did someone say non-violent riots? Perhaps too much Jerry Springer over British airwaves...but I still say those ethnic pizzarias in Bradford are best though...LOL!

Guess dim brits still aint chilled out ov'r dat arse-kickin over 225 years ago...LOL! Ohhhh my...Me Emma's are playing me up I gotta go...

Quote:
And the point at which English Imperialism becomes violent, imposing, extending a State, is at that point at which its subjugated people's pack up their own tents and seek to move on, move away from the romantic ideal: Lawrence being appalled by the Arab desire for Rolls-Royce rather than camel, for their own Capital as much as the oasis...
Deleuze and Guattari
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...should i bite...?

Obviously you jest Mark a teacher.....I hope so for your physical and mental health!!!!

The Intercity Firm have read your remarks and are on their way to pay you a visit!!!
abyssiniangrl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: p is for pizza Reply with quote

hahahahhahahaha
wonderboy,you have done it again...i really like your sense of humor...you are such an ass!!!
btw,
the best pizza is pizza hut's , hands down
and
i think bush is sexy....any comments on that??
smucat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best pizza is from 'Da Stefano' in Chiang Mai. Better than any pizza I've tasted in Italy.
Now for more fighting...
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Smucat gets the general idea about referring to his/her own experience. But doesn't anyone else ever qualify their statements by prefacing them with 'in my opinion', 'to my mind', 'In my experience...' etc.

Now I could assume that such a thought is implied when noting the best whatever, but in view of the dogmatism expressed generally on these boards it's not an assumption I'd tend to make. That's what I think BW was originally commenting on, which seems to have escaped the attention of most posters.
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sue..it was indeed...!
Your comments are a welcoming burst of rationality and common sense on a thread that degenerated into nothing more than a slanging match....albeit one i am probably more accountable for than most!! Smile
SueH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well BW, I did rather think that you were like one of those footballers who aren't content with a yellow card and chase the referee around the pitch until they get their red.Smile
dang4hire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: p is for pizza Reply with quote

abyssiniangrl wrote:
hahahahhahahaha
wonderboy,you have done it again...i really like your sense of humor...you are such an ass!!!
btw,
the best pizza is pizza hut's , hands down
and
i think bush is sexy....any comments on that??

Yes. Lowlife nobody.
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SueH....I've been red carded many times both on and off life's field of 'play'...got a drawer full of yellows too....!!
But sometimes it's satisfying to let off steam and see how far varied Referees will let you go!!

re 'sexyBush', Abyssiangirl....to me no....but i must admit that boy Clinton sure had a cheeky smile!!

However i am aware that to a fair proportion of the female population..power is sexy so therefore the assumption is that Dubya must tickle quite a lot of fancies ..

Yours by any chance?
John ELS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy Wonder wrote:
If there is one thing designed to make me anything but calm is North Americans telling me to 'chill out'.

Do you prefer "relax, you'll live longer"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: