Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flying on one way ticket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvs_2003

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: flying on one way ticket Reply with quote

hi,

i'm taking a tefl course in rome this summer (via lingua) and am flying into rome on a one way ticket. i figured this would be fine, but now i'm hearing that as an american you can get into trouble with that at the airport. any experiences with that?? thanks!
jnesta1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that flying domestically one way to Tampa 9/03 was a horrible experience. You get routed into extra special security. I practically had to undress, adn they completely unloaded my 2 carry ons, and of course repacked them in a mess. When I got to Tampa, I found that my 2 checked bags had been ransacked as well. I use that word, because that was teh condition they were left in after the search. A bottle of mouthwsah was left open and spilled all over everything, ruining important work related books and files, as well as CD cases being open and broken, etc. I went through horrible months trying to deal with the airline, which of course tried to blame teh company doing teh searches, which is under the auspices of teh federal government and supposedly had 8000 outstanding claims.

Does that help?
ameliagirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: 1 way flights vs. round trip Reply with quote

I'm starting to look for flights for this summer to move to Italy to teach. I'm also weighing the pros and cons for 1 way flights vs. round trip. I heard that many people purchase cheap round trips and then don't use the return flight. Does anyone know if there any draw backs to this? Do I have to cancel the return flight or just not show up? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: