Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NET clarififcations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drlubanski

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: NET clarififcations Reply with quote

i've just started looking into this NET business.... if anyone can help me out with a few specific queries...

1. is it possible to get an interview in Feb? or is it only march.
2. is a Grad Certificate (not Diploma) in TESOL good enough?
3. although my high school teaching was all "casual," in fact, the work i did was identical to permanent teachers. will i get any credit for it? will i get any credit for Japan and Saudi...teaching ESL?
4. is there an age limit? i'll be 73 next September.
5. how fussy are they? don't be modest...tell it like it is (eg, they hire 1 out of every 1000 or 1,000,000 applicants). i'm a not exactly a high-flier.
6. if you lived modestly, what % of your salary could you save? (say you are on 30K).

thanks for any answers you can give me.

ps. in n.o.4 i typed 73 when i meant to type 37!
arju

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: net qualifications Reply with quote

to be a net teacher you require a degree in education or a degree in english, linguistics or efl as well as having a teaching qualification,
I would say that this years intake has been completed and with the american dollar being low the other dollars ae now stronger against the hong kong dollar which is decreasing what we are all earning in the past 10 months we lost 25% of what we earnt .

hope this helps
drlubanski

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm looking at 2005. i know it's a long way off but i'd like to see how viable it is so that when the time comes i'll be ready (or i'll have ditched the idea).

speaking of pay cuts...i know what you speak. i'm in Saudi now and watching the silly little AUD$ cut swathes through my pay check. 25% down and counting....in just 10 months!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: