Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teachers Latin America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piscean21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Teachers Latin America Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if they have used their job placement service to find work in Costa Rica? Were they helpful? Did you like your job placement assignment? Any feedback at all would be helpful.
moonraven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of jobs in Costa Rica posted in Internet. Why take a chance with a dodgy placement service?
piscean21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, but I think Guy used to work for this service. I haven't been able to get in touch with him to find out more. Also, they help with getting a visa and don't charge an exorbitant price. Although I know many people work without visas down there, it would be nice to know I have this option.
moonraven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot get a work visa in Costa Rica unless you marry a Costa Rica and live there for a certain amount of years.

As has been stated innumerable times on this forum, everyone who is there in other than the condition mentioned above works on the 3 month tourist visa, crosses to Panama or another CA country and comes back.
profgizmo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Costa Rica, but I am currently taking their online TEFL course, and have also had trouble contacting Guy, or anyone else for that matter. I haven't had a response from them since March, and haven't been able to get a response to the lessons I have emailed them. I called their office in Mexico City last week and was told that other people were also having problems getting responses from them. I was looking to get an internship and job placement from them for this fall in Guadalajara, but the lack of contact from them has forced me to find a placement on my own. I found one by reading through the posts here on the Mexico forum. I would recommend that you do the same. Read through the posts in the Costa Rica forum, and ask for help in finding schools there. Good Luck!
moonraven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middlemen come and go.

Schools continue to advertise in Internet.

It's very risky to depend on someone else to live your life for you. That's what YOU'RE supposed to be doing.
pirateinpanama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

word has come down from our sister campus in San Jose that the Costa Rican government has issued a zero tolerance in respect to foreigners being issued work visas. All I know is that a number of US and Canadian citizens recently lost their jobs at that private university. So I�ve been told. I�ll go along with moonraven; marrying a Costa Rican may be an alternative . Good luck! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: