Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

da Scoop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goddess711

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: da Scoop Reply with quote

Hello those who know much more than I about this and even to those who don't.
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about this INLINGUA chain thoroughout France. I've just had a recruitment *experience* and I'm wondering what exactly is going on Rolling Eyes I haven't been able to find anything on Black List boards anywhere.
Thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, just press the "search" button at the top, enter "Inlinuga" into the search field and there you go, millions of comments.
I worked for them for a year in Toulouse, they treated me pretty well, gave me a full schedule, but the pay was rubbish. They�re a chain of franchises, there are better schools about, but they�re not bad as such; just a bit as you�d expect of an unholy cross between McDonalds and an English school.
Goddess711

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

I did a search and didn't see many posts for the French franchises - I was wondering if maybe they were better than the norm. I'm guessing "no".
Almost two decades ago, I worked for a similar outfit in Japan...now, that same owner has schools worldwide and was a millionaire THEN, it's mind boggling what he'd be worth now. It was the same then - I remember one fellow teacher saying that soon we'd probably be given equipment to teach the kids in-utero, lol. It's appalling how integrity and money are like oil and water ( and worse that teachers are still dispensible!)
I also think it's strange that in trying to *regulate* the whole ESL thing with demands for TESOL etc., it still hasn't made more demands on employers. (Oddly enough, the salaries are slightly lower than a couple of decades ago as well!)
Thanks for the reply, though, it's much appreciated and makes me feel better about what happened!
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: