Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University of Nizwa
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh...

thanks you two...

VS
camelherder99

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: ELS/Nizwa University Reply with quote

I have sat back and watched the events and situation at the University of Nizwa for some time now and feel that I am forced to "vent" -

(details edited by moderator)

I have already accepted another job elsewhere as the "grass HAS to be greener" elsewhere!!!
Counting the days until University is over and the flight leaves!!!!
dmb

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He is now instituting that the teachers make their own exams and then he gets to "proofread" them - this coming from a "man" who has little teaching experience, little administrative experience (most of the teachers can do handsprings around this "man" with their eyes closed) and has the attitude of "my way or the highway"
In my (limited) Gulf experience this sounds normal of arabic management. But you learn to put up with it.-it's called wasta.
camelherder99

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: ELS/Nizwa University Reply with quote

In my (limited) Gulf experience this sounds normal of arabic management. But you learn to put up with it.-it's called wasta.[/quote]

I agree totally with your philosophy of Arab "mentality" and the issue of "wasta"! However, he is NOT Arabic (edited by moderator)
mci

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: nizwa nitpickers Reply with quote

If you took a moment or two and learned something of your host country, you might know that 'wasta' does not mean whatever dmb thinks it does - according to his philosophy - Confused - but thank you for your childish personal attack on one of your directors. Is your next post going to refer to his 'poopyheaded opinions' or is he more of a 'liar liar, pants on fire' kind of a guy.

This forum should maintain some civility and constructive advice - I thought they edited the more venomous personal attacks?

Anyhow, you may have a point, an Academic director should not ask to proof a teacher's test - he may find errors or discrepancies with the curriculum! That kind of attempt at quality control has no place in education.

mci
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: