Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seseme Street / Ladder...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EOD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Seseme Street / Ladder... Reply with quote

At the main franchise in Taipei and all of it's regional offices, payday proper has been deferred until further notice. They are fending off 500+ angry employees with post dated paychecks, that cannot be cashed until July or August. Alarms bells are ringing for me. Shocked
Okami

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: CYA info Reply with quote

Dear EOD,

That's a rough one, I feel sorry for you. Have you saved up an emergency fund and come up with a back up plan yet? Do you work for the main school or a franchise. That part is not clear in your message. I would suggest taking and vacation/sick leave you have till it is used up.

I would start looking for a new job. Anytime an employer stiffs 500+ people, something is very wrong.

Good luck,
Okami
EOD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Not Really Reply with quote

I have been at this game for too long to get burned by the likes of this franchise. 500+ other employees may not have been so lucky. It really surprises me sometimes, how the local business tycoons will take advantage of the locals and foreigners alike.
I lost a few hours pay at worse, the number of students I will take as compensation, will more than make up for any lost pay. I just hate making my own classes, too much work and too little security.
Thanks for the kind words,
EOD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: