Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Run

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Visa Run Reply with quote

I'm teaching illegally here in Poland and I have to cross the border to get a new stamp in my passport. I'm in Krakow. Anyone done this before? How long do I have to be out of the country? Where is the closest and most accessible border town? Thanks.
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be out for a second. You don't actually need to go to another country, you just need to leave Poland. Walk past the border post then turn round and come back. Of course you might as well go to Czech and stock up on absinthe!

BTW: remember that the latest immigration law says that you may only be in Poland for more than 183 days in any 365 day period if you have a residents permit or an EU passport. If you don't have either (and from the sounds of it you don't) you might well find yourself in the same position as a few people I know who've been told that they can't come back into Poland for the next six months.
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to get my passport stamped on the way out and the way in? HOw's that work? The reason I ask is that I don't want to walk over to the Czech Republic through some unmonitored border point and then find out I should have got it stamped on the way to the Czech Republic.
Thanks for the info Alex.
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you have to be stamped out and stamped in. Otherwise you have problems proving that you have left and come back again!
tbiehl2000

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend working in Lodz and he told me he has had to make 2 visa runs. He is under the impression that the visa runner has to be out of the country for 72 hours??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: