Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health Insurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabina

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Health Insurance Reply with quote

My husband has ben offered a single-status job in Oman which doesn't include health coverage for me Sad
Does anyone have any information on obtaining health coverage and cost, in Oman. Any information would be greatly appreciated - I have searched on the internet but not come up with anything.

Kabina
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my years there I never knew of anyone with a private health insurance plan for just Oman. It is one of those things that employers cover. I suspect that you may need to get an international plan.

VS
Kabina

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VS.

Are the wives of single-status employees normally covered by the husband's employer? I know that was the case when we were in the UAE but I thought perhaps they do things differently in Oman.
I am very concerned about the lack of health cover and reluctant to pay the large fees required for international plans.

Kabina
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by definition I would say that if one is 'single status' one gets no benefits for family... otherwise one is 'family status.' I have always assumed that if you are hired single status it is your responsibility to get visas, tickets, housing, education, and medical on your own if you chose to bring family.

It would seem to me that if you are married, why would you even bother to accept a single status job at all?

Unless someone comes on and says otherwise, I would expect that you will need to pay the high fees if you want the coverage. Have you asked the employer if it is possible for you to buy into the national system or whatever system they have for their employees? Sorry I don't have any other better ideas...

VS
Kabina

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply VS.

I will look into the possibility of buying into the national system

Kabina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: