Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a Great Homestay in Heredia!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doreenp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: a Great Homestay in Heredia!! Reply with quote

When i first came to CR, i planned to stay with a family for about a month and then find my own place. I have now been with them for 10 months and sadly will be leaving in May.

I planned to homestay for a month so i could look around and see if i liked the area and if i could get a job easily. The answer was , I love Heredia and there were many job opportunities here and in the surrounding areas which are easy to get to by bus.

I also wanted to homestay to immerse myself with Spanish speaking people and eat their cuisine. I couldn't be happier with both situations. Although i haven't taken any spanish lessons , i have picked up quite alot of vocabulary and can understand much more than i arrived with. Zanaida is a wonderful cook and even though Costa Rican cuisine is what some consider a tad bland, she goes out of her way to accomodate your tastes.

I am only steps away from shopping, gyms, swimming pool, churches and buses that take you anywhere.

I will miss Costa Rica and hope to return here one day. In the mean time if any one is thinking of coming here and would like information about a homestay for short or long term, please pm me and i can pass on more information.

Wishing everyone who comes here all the best. and good luck .

D.
dp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doreen for sharing your experience!

I�ll be going to Costa Rica in May. As of right now, the plan is to stay for 3 months to participate in an internship.

I�m not really sure what to expect in Costa Rica except for a great cultural experience.

I�m curious as to what you found most fascinating about Costa Rica�s lands and culture.

Also � I�d like your opinion on the fashion right now (what�s in and what�s out?) and what you thought of the prices when shopping for clothes and such. Smile

Thanks again for sharing,

-dp
doreenp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: information about my homestay Reply with quote

I've had lots of inquiries about the homestay situation here in Heredia so i thought i would post for all to read.

I live in Central Heredia, walking distance to churches, gyms, pool, shopping and parks and many universities and language schools.

I live in a house and i pay 150.00 u.s. per month. For this i get a large room with a private bathroom and shower. the other 3 rooms upstairs share a different bathroom with shower.

I only have one meal a day cooked for me because of my work schedule but the other people get all three meals cooked for them and she is an excellent cook and will vary the meals and accomodate your tastes (vegetarian etc.)

Our rooms are cleaned once a week and bedding cleaned and changed.

My laundry is done when needed, washed folded and returned to me.

The four upstairs rooms have a private and seperate entrance so you don't have to go thru the whole house to get to your room.

You have complete use of the living and dining rooms and kitchen and in the living room is a TV for communal use.

The family is great and more than willing to help you out in any way they can.

Tell me again just why i'm leaving this??? Confused Question

Anyway, if you are interested in staying with this family, pm me and we'll chat some more
good luck to all
D..
doreenp

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: a wonderful homestay Reply with quote

Wow, i've had so many inquiries, i'll just post this email addy and you can email the family on your own to save time and just in case i'm not on line and can't get the info to you.

It's great to see lots of interest in this wonderful country, good luck to you all.

email Hector at

[email protected] or [email protected]

put in subject line..... Homestay in Heredia information?

best of luck to you all.
d.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: