Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

italy or spain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vallillo1983

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: italy or spain Reply with quote

calling all those who have taught in both! where is better in terms of value for money and benefits etc, love to hear form you, cheers
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo..
Worked in Madrid in 2000 and Naples in 2004-5.

Money.....1000 Euros in both on average which doesn't stretch far in either country unfortunately.Not if you want a social life anyway!

Hours of work....In spain was earning a salary regardless of how many hours I taught...very handy when your 1-2-1 clients are on business in Geneva every other week. Italy however I got paid by the teaching hour which meant during the holidays i was counting every euro cent!!

Nightlife.....Spain wins hands down on every count. Bars galore and a world of difference to the shutdown usually experienced by Italian city centres after 8pm!

Students...have to plump for Italians..just...Spanish very warm and friendly too.

Days out....tough call but Spain wins the day ...lots of choices outside Madrid from ski resorts to ancient walled cities...

Employers...a lot more professional in Spain and less likely to do one over on you than some of the con artists in Italy.

Accommodation....up to you but some of the places I viewed while flat hunting in Madrid weren't fit for rodents! Take your time before choosing is all I can say.

All in all I have to say I preferred Spain....but then Madrid isn't known for it's early nights!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: