Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any more news on Cuba ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonraven wrote:
You have my blessing to go to Cuba any way you want to--including by swimming. Don't let those sharks put you off....

Wow I'll definitely have to consider that. I'm so glad I'm getting the great advice that this forum lacked a while back. I mean, people never understood there could be two possible ways to go about solving a problem.... glad to know that in this case there are three!
moonraven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any problem there are an INFINITE number of solutions.

Some are simply more attractive than others.

Nice Speedo!
Samantha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be investigating a trip to Cuba soon too (for vacation) and have heard that we can fly out of Cancun also (which is easily and cheaply accessible from the eastern USA) You can fly into Nassau, Bahamas on one of many flights, rather than taking a boat if time is an issue.

I will report back after checking out the Cancun exit more thoroughly though we are from the Pacific side of Mexico so MEX will likely be best for us. I am Canadian, and hubby is Mexican but two friends with US passports want to travel with us, so should be interesting how we will be dealt with. I definitely want the Cuban stamp in my passport, but they sure won't.
teachincuba

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Come teach English in Cuba! Reply with quote

We need 10 teachers to go down to Cuba in the month of July and 10 more for August.
For more information - [email protected]
Talk soon!
Samantha

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post a little bit about who "we" are please? A website? Anything?

Gracias....
teachincuba

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Cuba Reply with quote

United TESOL is located in Ottawa, ON Canada. We offer 5 day TESOL certification courses. Once graduated from this or any TESOL course, we send student teachers down to Santa Lucia, Cuba for one month practicums. In Cuba you receive full support from our teacher trainers while teaching up to 3 one hour classes a day. Free Spanish classes are also inlcuded. Once you've completed the one month then you are eligible to choose from 19 different locations around Cuba for up to 3 months teaching in return for accommodation and food.

www.unitedtesol.com
or
www.yahoogroups.com - teach in cuba (you can find photos of this past winter in Cuba)

The thing with Cuba is that you can't find paid postions, and to be able to teach it must go through the government. United TESOL has an agreement with the goverment to work with FORMATUR, a hotel/school where Cubans study Tourism and also complete practicums.

For more information on costs etc...please respond to [email protected]
beenthere96-2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonraven wrote:
US citizens fly from Mexico City to Cuba all the time--all they need to ask for is a "flying visa"--which means no Cuban stamp in their passport.

Can US citizens still get that flying visa?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: