Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nanny in Spain?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Nanny in Spain? Reply with quote

I am a 24 year old female, certified Spanish and ESL teacher in the 'States. I'm thinking of quitting my job and fulfilling a dream of living in Spain for a year or so. Does anyone have any experience with any of the numerous nanny ads in Spain? Any advice on what I should look out for? Or, should I scrap the whole nanny idea and look somewhere else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Very Happy
grahamb

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Working in Spain Reply with quote

Whether it's nannying or TEFLing, you'll find it difficult - but not altogether impossible - to work legally in the European Union if you don't hold a passport from an EU member state.
I suggest you contact the nearest Spanish consulate in the first instance.
Moore

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to this website (Multimadrid) and post your question there, people do lots of kinds of jobs on that board and many are American...
http://spaintalk.multimadrid.org/eve
Mariposa

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!! Your suggestions are *much* appreciated.

~Stephanie
Granada Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the nanny thing in Madrid when I was getting my CELTA. Class in the a.m. and kids in the p.m. It was convient but didn't turn out very nice in the end. We're American and are more or less used to being treated fairly. They see it different. To them we're a servant. I couldn't deal with that very well. I basically did it b/c I didn't know Madrid or anyone there so it saved me the hassle of trying ot find a place on my own. I alos love kids.
In the end, I ended up leaving and finding a room in a shared piso. It was the BEST thing I ever did. My entire Madrid experience changed for the better, eventhough it wasn't really bad before.
I'd say, go on your own, find a room, and then get a job. Don't do the live-in thing. Spain rules! fulfill your dream!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: