Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking info on IH Naples, and living in Naples in general

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanyaFromOregon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Seeking info on IH Naples, and living in Naples in general Reply with quote

I've rec'd cursory interest from International House, Naples. Any input out there on this school? Does anyone know how expensive it is to live in Naples? The school is offering only 850 Euros a month to teach 25 hours, which I'm afraid might be very low for living in Naples, but I don't know. Any constructive input would be much appreciated.

Oh, and other than telling me that they are interested in getting a contract signed right away, all that they have informed me so far is that it's 25 teaching hours and 850 Euros. This is my first attempt at obtaining a teaching position. What sorts of things should I be asking them?

Thank you!

...Tanya
TanyaFromOregon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: other helpful postings? Reply with quote

Thanks Tawny, for your response. I'm fine with not being able to save any money while I'm teaching in Naples, but will I be able to support myself on 850 Euros a month? I know that being a new teacher, I'm a little slow in preparing lesson plans, so I won't have any extra time for quite a long time for doing any 1:1 teaching to pick up extra money.

Is Naples in particular chaotic, or just every place that far south?

I've searched through Dave's ESL, but I haven't seen other helpful postings. You mentioned that there are some... could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!
...Tanya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: