Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeland Security Woes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvs_2003

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the key here is the naturalization dates.....if your father was naturalized before you were born, you are out of luck unless you can go through your mother. your uncle might have success if he never became a US citizen, but again it depends on if your grandparents became US citizens before he was born. So really you need to find out if and when your father, grandparents, or greatgrandparents were naturalized in order to find out if you are eligible.
Vince

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvs_2003 wrote:
the key here is the naturalization dates.....if your father was naturalized before you were born, you are out of luck unless you can go through your mother. your uncle might have success if he never became a US citizen, but again it depends on if your grandparents became US citizens before he was born. So really you need to find out if and when your father, grandparents, or greatgrandparents were naturalized in order to find out if you are eligible.

That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure my grandfather was naturalized before my father was born, so jure sanguinis isn't an option. The Web site mentioned being able to become a naturalized Italian citizen if you live in Italy for three years and can show that your father or grandfather was born in Italy. That's pretty reasonable--if I can get around the EU requirements for three years.
jvs_2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just had to share my joy......today i found out that i am now officially registered as an Italian citizen!!!!! I'm going in on Monday to get my passport, which is awesome because I'm leaving to move to Rome in 3 weeks and now I don't have to worry about working papers!!!!!

I just wanted to post this also to let people know that it can be done! I got so discouraged reading things online, but I started this process in December and now I'm done! It takes a lot of perseverance and was frustrating at times, but it is possible!!!
Madrilenyo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

JVS congratulations and thanks so much for sharing your experiences and your helpful responses!
jvs_2003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Madrilenyo! Thanks for the kind words!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: