Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working visa/ work permit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anitata

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Working visa/ work permit Reply with quote

Shocked Hello, It's me again.A k-12 Koleji in Istanbul offered me a teaching position in the coming academic year. The school told me that in order to speed up the process, I need to send them my original bachelor of teaching degree so they can have certified translator to translate my doucment since the translator will not translate the certified copy. What's the procedures for those who want to get a working visa in Turkey and will it take a long time??
please, if anyone could give me some information here?
ps. And the school is located in Bahcelievler, does anyone know the area??
Thank you
gelin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of such a thing. Perhaps you should suggest that they find a different translator... I wouldn't send anything original to them through the mail.
Mike_2003

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Bahcelievler is located on the European side approximately one third of the way between the airport and the old town and a little inland. It's quite close to Bakirkoy, where you can catch buses, trains and ferries to the various other parts of the city. Bakirkoy also has fairly good shopping facilities, cinemas, restaurants and so on.

Click on this link and you'll be able to see roughly where it is:

http://www.ibb.gov.tr/kentharitasi/index.htm

Mike
Anitata

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for the information!! Cannot wait to go to Istanbul. Hope I can get a working visa without any problems.!! Merhaba, Istanbul!!
ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: certified copies Reply with quote

That's right, you can avoid having to bring your original diplomas by having your originals certified in your home country before leaving for Turkey. Only bring your certified copies with you to avoid theft of the originals as there is the risk of theft especially in some hostels in Istanbul frequented by conmen backpackers who take advantage of other travellers.

Once in Turkey the Koleji should accept the Certified copy. The procedure then is that any reputable Koleji will take your certified copies to a Tercuman (translator) who will then translate them and your passport details also. When this is finished a visit to a Notary is necessary. The Koleji should pay for everything. This can be accomplished in a day or two.

If the Koleji wants you it should also pay for your return flight home to process the work papers at the Turkish Embassy of your home country. This is the deal that I have managed to obtain and you should too.
Anitata

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Thank you for your information, ghost!! I am actually not in Turkey yet, I am teaching in China. But I really want to go to Istanbul so I fax my CV to all the K-12 schools in Istanbul in April and then this school offered me this position. I have never been to Istanbul, but I always want to go. And now the school headmaster is trying to process my working visa before I arrive in Turkey. So I will be able to obtain my working visa . I do understand that I need to fly back to my home country in order to get my working visa, and I am preparing to do so; but the turkish embassy in China told me that I could do this here...its a bit strange and I think I will double check with the turkish embassy in my home country soon. Thats why I am confused about the working visa process. The school master first told me to mail him the certified copies of my degrees and then he told me that the translator told him that he will not translate the certified ones, only the original ones will do. Well, I told the school I can only mail them the certified ones perhaps I can get mine certified in the Turkish Embassy....see what they say next. Thank you for all your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: