Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what's the going rate?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: what's the going rate? Reply with quote

What do they pay English teachers in France? I have a bit of experience with all age groups in Asia, but no teaching certificate. I have a BA and MBA but no degree in Education or in English. Assuming I find work, how much will I be able to make and how much will I be able to save?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rogan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: pay Reply with quote

Rates vary from 8 Euros an hour to 15 Euros and upwards.

It is possible to negotiate a little.

Accomodation in Paris (for example) can cost 650 Euros a month.

If you are not an EU citizen then your legal situation will make working in France difficult.
Luder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Paris and won't work for less than twenty euros an hour gross. As a result, well, I spend a lot of time not working. Keep in mind too that a foreigner can work in the state system as a vacataire and earn a minimun 34 euros an hour.
d moon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: State schools Reply with quote

Quote:
I live in Paris and won't work for less than twenty euros an hour gross. As a result, well, I spend a lot of time not working. Keep in mind too that a foreigner can work in the state system as a vacataire and earn a minimun 34 euros an hour.

Where does one go about finding a job in a state school? I can't find any information on the subject.
Luder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the website of the "acad�mie" (school board) where you live or are interested in working. A "vacataire" has to have a full-time job elsewhere (three hundred hours a year for a teacher) and is limited to two hundred hours a year as a vacataire. It will be a lot of hassle getting into the system (official translation and evaluation of degrees, and so on). Most acad�mies have their requirements posted on their sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: