Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overnight hotel near Hongkong International airport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEECHER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Overnight hotel near Hongkong International airport Reply with quote

I am hoping that someone may be able to give me a suggestion for a hotel close to the airport....one which may not break the bank. I do not wish to make the trek into town as I arrive late in the day and then fly out early again. Thanks for any advice.
Roger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but there is no hope for you as there is only one five-star hotel at the airport. In Tung Chung Town, there is nothing at all.
THe nearest i can think of is the YOUTH HOSTEL near the Big Buddha on Lantau Island, some ten kilometers away, on a hill some 900 meters high - great view, idyllic landscape, but you will need a taxi to get to the airport!
You can relatively comfortably overnight at the airport - I did it once.
Marcoregano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try the airport hotel...yes it's 5* but often has deals on...esp after Sars I imagine. I stayed there once for about 70US. Plus...don't forget that traveling into town and back will cost you around 20US.
foster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Regal Hotel Airport Reply with quote

Right now, they have a "Discover Hong Kong" special on....it's still close to $100 Us a night, but at least it is RIGHT at the airport.

Can't recall the website, but if you search for REGAL HOTEL HONG KONG and the DISCOVER ASIA thing...you should find it.
TEECHER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou All for your helpful advice, much appreciated. I had wondered if it was allowed to overnight it at the airport....I may try that. I understand there are hot showers and services available. I wish I had more time to go and see the great buddha and park. Maybe on the return trip. Thanks again!
combchick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could survive a night at the airport if you're on a budget.
I was on "standby" a couple of years ago - with a low priority.
Standing by for late night flights out and early morning flights out - so it wasn't even worth trying to get to a hotel after midnight when I had to come back at 6 am in the morning.
I stayed 4 nights at the airport. Yes it was a nightmare but I survived on Macdonalds and got to know the security guards and toilet ladies who, for a small amount, guarded my baggage.
I'd do it again for one night - but not four.
By the way, lots of people do sleep overnight at the airport.
foster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Regal Hotel Reply with quote

Also, if you are staying for LESS than 6 hours, the airport hotel gives you a deal...can't recal what is was, but you can email and ask them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: