Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EBC in Madrid or Via Lingua in Granada?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audraques

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: EBC in Madrid or Via Lingua in Granada? Reply with quote

I'm a recent college grad and exploring the possibility of doing a TEFL course in Spain, as I'll be in Europe visiting a friend sometime in the fall. I have looked in to EBC in Madrid and Via Lingua in Granada. Via Lingua seems more appealing to me right now because it's in a smaller city and they set up accomodation, however EBC seems to push their job assistance services more. The fact that EBC is also based in Buenos Aires is nice, because I upon completing my TEFL course I hope to find work in Argentina. Soooo, I guess if anyone has had experiences with either EBC or Via Lingua and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences, particularly with the job search process, then I would really appreciate it Very Happy
Maria Kirby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�m counting the days before I leave for Buenos Aires, I did the Madrid EBC, I took it when they didn�t even have the Argentina branch, but looking back I�m really happy I went with them. I guess I chose EBC for its job search help, their comprehensive site and of course the old fashioned but reliable way, they were recommended by a girlfriend who also studied with them. It was all worth it, I felt the teaching was great and I feel good about my teaching ability. The Argentinian thing just happened by accident because when we found out in Madrid they were opening a school in Buenos Aires, that made up my mind. I�ve had a wonderful year in Madrid, enjoyed teaching, travelling, partying, improving my Spanish, etc, etc, and I really want to try my luck as well in another Spanish speaking city and Buenos Aires was it. A lot of my classmates, friends who also came from EBC are doing what Im doing, making plans to work in BsAs and although I know there will be differences in everything from the Spanish spoken , to the food, to the people, etc, I know its going to be great experience as well. What can I say the world is there to be explored. Suerte!
audraques

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Maria, after looking into it a bit more I am thinking EBC as well. Also I'm also thinking about instead of studying in Madrid taking the course in Buenos Aires in January or February so I can be set up for the whole interview process. I would be more interested in living in a smaller city though so we'll see. What about you? Do you plan on staying and working in Buenos Aires? Thanks again for the advice . . .
Maria Kirby

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, I like smaller cities myself, maybe that�s why leaving Madrid for a much bigger city like Buenos Aires made me kinda apprehensive, but I want to make enough to enjoy my stay there and I have been told that Buenos Aires being the capital will tend to pay higher than other Argentinian cities. I�m not kidding myself on the money side, they earn a lot lower there but as they also pay lower prices for everything and they don�t even have Starbucks, I was told, so I guess I�ll have to drink the local cofffee and pay lower prices. Anyway, Starbucks are a lot more expensive than the local cafe con leche, cortado or solo in Madrid , besides I did promise I wouldn�t bring any Starbucks to Argentina. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: