Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ok...so what is the deal here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abyssiniangrl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: ok...so what is the deal here Reply with quote

it seems like everyone is kind of upset about hte germany situation, so, again, i need to confirm info...all of you people writing are actually in germany, so i am assuming you have jobs, so the next question is, how did you find your jobs? can i find them online or do i need to go there to get one? also, coming from barcelona, 12 euros per hour seems reasonable, especially since rent is only 250 per month...i don;t know i'm getting paid 11 and am making it...not saving money, but making it...also, i'm a jazz musician and would like to know how the music scene is there, and if they pay well for music. i know, lots of questions, but would really appreciate some answers...thanks
ps. i have eu passport, and tesl certificate
Showem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my job here. Within Germany there are very few full-time teaching positions, most instructors work freelance. You will find that most companies want to hire someone who is already in the country and has the necessary visas and papers sorted out. In the mean time, I wish you all the best of luck in your job search.
perdita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most jobs will want you to already be in Germany. And full-time work is indeed difficult to come by. Some teachers I know get only 10 hours/week from their schools and really have to rely on scrambling up some private students. Speaking German is a big plus, as is having some sort of business experience. The bulk of the work is in corporate training, but it's not always that easy to come by. Contacts and experience mean a lot here. Cities like Bremen and Hamburg are swamped with teachers. So are most university towns. Research what area of Germany you would like to live in and angle your CV to the needs of that particular area. As for the music thing...Germans are not exactly known for being the warmest and friendliest people. Starting out can be really tough. Don't be shy. Just go up and talk to people.
good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: