Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q about applying with another person/Phone interviews

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadian_chic80

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Q about applying with another person/Phone interviews Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone has applied with another person.
My friend and I want to go together so is there any way we can apply together? we've sent our own resumes to the same schools but so far we haven't received replies from the same schools.
Also I'm about to do a few phone interviews... can anyone tell me what they're like, or what I should expect. I've never done one before! I'm really nervous.

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

LORI
Boy Wonder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep perservering Canadian Chic.... i am sure there will be schools out there hiring for September/October ready to hire both you and your friend.
Have a look on Tefl.com for vacancies..usually they have quite a few Italian jobs!
It may be the chain schools that you will find success with..the bigger organisations..try them.

As for phone interviews...don't worry..just sound confident and talk up any teaching experience you have and you will be fine.
You could prepare by writing a list of probable questions so that you won't be taken unawares....and you may be asked how you will teach a certain grammar point so try to mug up on your grammar a little!
I failed one phone interview last year for a job i really wanted because i became nervous and that transmitted itself over the phone to my interviewers.Big mistake...i wont get nervous again!!!
Be calm and confident and a little blase..because there are plenty of jobs out there.....and if you arent successful with one application then you are very likely to hit jackpot with the next one.
Boy Wonder

Keep perservering Canadian Chic.... i am sure there will be schools out there hiring for September/October ready to hire both you and your friend.
Have a look on Tefl.com for vacancies..usually they have quite a few Italian jobs!
It may be the chain schools that you will find success with..the bigger organisations..try them.

As for phone interviews...don't worry..just sound confident and talk up any teaching experience you have and you will be fine.
You could prepare by writing a list of probable questions so that you won't be taken unawares....and you may be asked how you will teach a certain grammar point so try to mug up on your grammar a little!
I failed one phone interview last year for a job i really wanted because i became nervous and that transmitted itself over the phone to my interviewers.Big mistake...i wont get nervous again!!!
Be calm and confident and a little blase..because there are plenty of jobs out there.....and if you arent successful with one application then you are very likely to hit jackpot with the next one.
Boy Wonder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: