Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bring Back Kent!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Bring Back Kent! Reply with quote

Where is Kent? Why are all his posts nothing but **** now? Is this a communist plot? Question

Kent had some of the best advice on this forum...Kent, wherever you are, please come back!

All the best...Brian
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I was never, am not, and do not intend to join the communist party.

If it has anything to do with me, I've already made it clear that I apologized. It was a sincere apology and I'd give it again.

Oh what am I saying..? It was just a joke for crying out loud.

CS
rogan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: ................................ Reply with quote

rogan
Steiner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I wandered into the Russia forum for my once-a-month browse, and keNt is gone! What have you people done? He's the best poster in here.
Castro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on holiday, Kent? You deserve your well-earned break!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to the Russia forum looking for KeNt. Things are certainly a lot quieter without him. Nothing interesting to ponder, only childish arguments. I don't know what you people have done to him, but I think you should bring him back.
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: KeNt for dinner Reply with quote

I just wandered into this forum for the first time too and to my surprise there is no KeNt.
Has he been kidnapped by the KGB?Not sure they even exist anymore.
I hope he didn't visit JohnSlat for dinner.There have been some questions concerning John's eating habits. Laughing
Steiner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Kent's on holiday. Most posters don't erase all their old posts before they go travelling. And besides, keNt and I were browsing the Newbie forum at the same time earlier today.

It's definitely a protest.
bgor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's upset (to put it mildly) over some things that Communist Smurf said, who has since apologised (sort of) to no avail. And now Rogan as pulled out, too. Two of our most experienced posters, gone... Crying or Very sad ...tough times in the Russia forum.
maruss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Kent and Rogan........... Reply with quote

I'm really sorry too that these people have suddenly left the site, as they have both given us all some very useful hints and advice about working in Russia and related subjects-and remember both of them have worked over there personally for quite a long time in various places,so I trust the validity of what they said 100%!
I'd really like to know why they both pulled-out at the same time,and if anyone knows they have deliberately offended them by writing something offensive or banal to them,then PLEASE apologise as they are decent guys and I'm sure they will be prepared to "forgive and forget!"

Marus.

p.s. if you are thinking of going to Russia,I really suggest you heed Rogans advice(if you were lucky enough to read it!) about work permits and visas etc. as especially with the current situation there after last Saturdays suicide bomber attacks at the Rock concert in northern Moscow,security checks will be stepped-up everywhere,and this obviously includes the militia stopping people at random to examine their documents etc much more frequently!Any time,any day,it could be your turn!
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: no cause for concern Reply with quote

Hello Good People:

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words.

I was upset, yes. Embarassed

In a fit of anger, I deleted some posts, and I regret that now. I'll admit it; I sometimes take things too personally. I'm human.

Smurf's post wasn't really so terrible, and I have accepted his apology. In hindsight, I over-reacted. Sorry 'bout that, CS.

Anyway ... I will continue to maintain and periodically update the Master Links Index, and to be of assistance where possible.

So let's get back to business as usual, eh? Rogan will join us soon, I'm sure.

He's been out of town for a few days on a wild mushroom safari. Laughing

Yours truly,
kENt
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeNt:
Welcome back. Very Happy
bgor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad to see you back, KeNt! Yes, and hopefully Rogan will return soon, too.

All the best...Brian
maruss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Welcome back Kent! Reply with quote

I'll just say firstly I'm glad you didn't take things too personally,especially living in Russia your skin must have thickened -up a bit if you've survived all this time!
Not such good news about things in the country though,especially last weekends events in Moscow.It also seems that the Kremilin is waging war on the oligarchs and the power struggle among the elite is only just beginning!This is not a good sign for a newly developing free system of government and the fact that virtually all the media is now state controlled is rather ominous,and the victims,as always will be the long-suffering Russian people!Summer is unfortunately never a happy time in Russia,as events there in recent years have shown,such as Kursk submarine,the Ostankino fire etc etc.

All the best everyone and take care!
M.
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to take a moment to make it emphatically clear that I am glad Kent is back (no sarcasm). I never intended to offend you (speak to Kent) and I had second thoughts of posting what I wrote. Kent, I have in fact found your advice very helpful and I was upset when you had taken away your post with the links.

I have more I'd like to say, but I don't want my previous statement to appear as a means to an ulterior motive in making another statement.

CS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: