Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to start? Resume? Cover Letter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnihil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogan,
No doubt you are getting many interesting offers. keep in mind, however, these offers are as an ESL teacher! Some people would argue that that in itself is enough to qualify for a failure award. Wink
rhart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very helpful book for resume block is A+ Resumes for Teachers. It has examples for beginers with little material, ESL teachers, and many other good ideas. Best Wishes. Rachel
tjpnz2000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this thread looks like it has been well and truly hijacked and the hijackers are headed for the horizon with not a glance over the shoulder. Anybody who makes an issue about rogan's job offers in Eastern Europe is NOT serving the interests of the original poster. If you must, PM for all our sakes! Doh!, too late Crying or Very sad (I swear I stated this post before that got started)

`I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Damm, I just did!` Laughing

Mogg,

Applying for a ESL job is not really different from applying for any other job. Once all of us applied for an ESL job with no prior experience. Guess what, we all got a job in ESL with no prior experience! GO US!

In short, don't worry.

My advice is to sit down with someone you know who has a job and ask them what they put in thier resume.

I think Glenski had some really good advice on this topic posted on another thread.

T
khmerhit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: joke Reply with quote

Hi, i finished my CELTA seventeen years ago and since then I've been in prison in Bangkok. I wonder if anyone out there could give me some advice about where to apply for a decent job that will allow me time to reflect on my mistakes? any help would be really appreciated as i have some student debts to pay off plus interest... Thanks a bunch!! Very Happy
double agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Read my post So you are new to tefl Reply with quote

read my post on the newbie board Embarassed

lots of solid info.
dyak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from my DOS:

'The only thing I look at on a CV or resume is whether they have a TEFL certificate and whether they have experience, I form two piles then I call them.'

Methinks it's time to usher in the era of the 'reality based' CV...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: