Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More questions on working visa application

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anitata

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: More questions on working visa application Reply with quote

Hello all,
Its me again with more questions about the working visa. I am going to work in one of the k-12 koleji in Istanbul. The school headmaster told me he is going to send me the hard copy of the contrat both in Turkish and English and then with the contract and the file number (of the contract), I can then apply my 1 month visitor visa to Istanbul which will be able to transfer into a working visa later in Istanbul. The ministry of Education in Ankara will follow up the application and the file number and I won't have to leave Turkey to gain my working visa in this case.I should get my working visa in 1 month time. Is this information correct?? I am pretty confused.Thanks for all your help and attention.
gelin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that sounds like what happens these days. You will have to fill out some paperwork at your local consulate or embassy first. They will ask for information. You will send them that information. They will send word to the Ministry of Education in Ankara and they will okay you for the visa. Finally (and it can be months, I've heard), you will be issued a visa to get into the country. Once you are there, you (or the school) will apply for your booklet (which is the residence and work permit together). You must not delay in getting that paperwork started. As it is, I would be surprised if you got the visa in time to start school, although it may be they have "torpil" or an "in". Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: