Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Have I Done?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDYoung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: What Have I Done?!? Reply with quote

Shocked

I just accepted an offer for my first TEFL job. It's in Shenyang in northern China. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all your encouragement to this older newbie. Now I'm off to the China forums for more specific advice. Thanks again.
Irish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

So you finally found something you like--fantastic! I wish you all the best. Before you know it, you'll shed "newbie" status and become an "old hand." Then you can come back to this forum, roll your eyes at ridiculous questions, and dispense kind but realistic advice to starry-eyed newbies.

Have fun!
PanamaTeacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous JD, you'll be my role model; I was worried about being 45. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck!!!! Smile
jgalt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, Congratulations! Please let us know how it goes for you. You give hope to all of us 45-year-olds (and counting) who are just getting started in this field.

Best of Luck.
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Never too old Reply with quote

To all you people in your 40's.Don't give up.I started my career in EFL at the age of 43 and that was 5 years ago.I am still teaching and going strong here in Japan.If you are qualified to teach,age shouldnt make any difference.Go for it. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: