Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peacebuilding/Community Revitalization/ ESL Teaching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan Pasti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Peacebuilding/Community Revitalization/ ESL Teaching Reply with quote

Greetings,

As I explained to Dave Sperling, when providing information on why I wished to become a member of the Job Discussion Forums...

"My explanation for wishing to join your "ESL Cafe" ("The Internets Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from around the world") Job Discussion Forums is simply to post an outreach message for the Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initiative, with the idea that if there are people associated with ESL work who find that the IPCR material might be helpful to them, and they would like me to assist them with applying it, but funding is a problem, I may still be able to visit such a place and cover my expenses by being an ESL teacher.

"I have considered this approach (becoming an ESL teacher) to traveling to other parts of the world in the recent past, especially as I explored the concept of "Community Teaching and Learning Centers", in association with "Teachers Without Borders" (www.teacherswithoutborders.org)"

What follows is the current outreach message for the IPCR Initiative.

[The IPCR Outreach Message:

Greetings,

Here I would like to share some information with you, because I believe this information may be useful to you in your efforts to generate goodwill in your community-- and in your efforts to promote peace in the world.

The Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initiative

1) is a sincere effort to serve peacebuilders-- and the people they serve.

2) offers information which is intended to illustrate the direct connection between sincere peacebuilding efforts and minimizing the incidence of violence, alleviating poverty, and increasing emergency assistance to people with basic human needs

3) offers sufficient practical suggestions for people with good intentions to begin a Grassroots Peacebuilding Initiative anywhere in the world. (For more details, see �The Seven IPCR Concepts�, �Inspiring Role Models and Service Oriented Initiatives�, �The IPCR Key Word List�, and the �Four Examples�� sections of the IPCR website at http://www.ipcri.net)

The IPCR Initiative is a proactive, systematic, practical, and doable approach to peacebuilding and community revitalization, because of its recurring emphasis on the following themes:

1) "... bringing to the fore what is often hidden: how many good people there are, how many ways there are to do good, and how much happiness comes to those who extend help as well as to those who receive it."

2) "increasing awareness of the countless number of 'things people can do in the everyday circumstances of their lives' which will contribute to peacebuilding and community revitalization efforts in their own communities and regions-- and in other parts of the world."

The Seven IPCR Concepts: "Community Good News Networks," "Community Faith Mentoring Networks," "Spiritual Friendships," "Community Queries," "Community Visioning Initiatives for Peace," "Spiritually Responsible Investing," "IPCR Journal/Newsletters"

For a summary of the goals and the step-by-step approach of The IPCR Initiative, see the �Mission Statement� and �Four Examples�� sections of this website.

An IPCR Initiative Discussion Forum has been created to encourage exchanges of information, comments, suggestions, etc. relevant to the Mission Statement of The IPCR Initiative. The IPCR Discussion Forum is located at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ipcri/

The IPCR Journal/Newsletter (Vol. 1 No. 3) Spring 2005 issue contains all the information provided
by the IPCR website, and is available in a 14 page printer friendly format (pdf file).

End of IPCR Outreach Message]

I believe the IPCR approach to peacebuilding and community revitalization can be meaningful and practical in many different contexts. One context worth mentioning here is that applying the IPCR concepts can create an excellent environment for increasing the desire of participants to understand each other through a common language.

With Kind Regards,

Stefan Pasti, Outreach Coordinator
The IPCR Initiative
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: