Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ordering from Amazon.com and receiving them in Qatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtian001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Ordering from Amazon.com and receiving them in Qatar Reply with quote

Have any of you guys had experience with ordering items from Amazon.com and having them shipped to Qatar.. say for example DVDs.

Do you pay Custom charges here in Qatar? Do they deliver the package directly to your PO box or do you have to get it from DHL, FEDEX or whatever?
QatarChic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had any problems having things sent here from amazon. (btw it's cheaper to order it from amazon.co.uk) ....they did however open my parcel which was V annoying Mad ( I had ordered DVDs) but they didn't open the DVD's themselves- I think they just wanted to have a look and see what they were about.... Rolling Eyes

PS I didn't pay any custom charges either...
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most Middle East countries they open the packages... not much one can do about that. At least in the Gulf, I never had them take anything.

VS
PatGund

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering from Amazon.com and receiving them in Qatar Reply with quote

[quote]Have any of you guys had experience with ordering items from Amazon.com and having them shipped to Qatar.. say for example DVDs.

Do you pay Custom charges here in Qatar? Do they deliver the package directly to your PO box or do you have to get it from DHL, FEDEX or whatever?[/quote]

I had the two (Amazon US and Amazon UK) I've gotten so far sent to my work address. Seems easier that way, since the place I'm supposed to move into still isn't quite ready yet.

No custom changes, but both boxes were opened and had yellow "censored" stickers. Which seems to me was more "this item was opened and checked for anything forbidden" than anything cut or removed.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

Does Qatar do home deliveries of mail? Consistently through the years, all mail and packages were always sent to my office. Home delivery was never an option. The office was the one place that I could be found during normal delivery times. Laughing

You may want to consider staying with your office address unless there is always someone in your flat.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: