Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current visa situat at Vancouver Taiwan non-consulate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgrimley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Current visa situat at Vancouver Taiwan non-consulate Reply with quote

The entirety of the enclosed quote is cut and paste from the website taiwan-vancouver.org. So if I can understand English a two week landing visa is not currently available at the airport, at least for visitors from Canada. Persoanlly I think SARS has been blown out of proportion for political reasons. People die from malaria and diarorreah as an astute poster altready noted yet one doesn't see flights cancelled or viasa changes in India and Haiti. Also, isn't this a very good time to teach, if people are flocking out of the country due to an alarmist travel advisory from US embassy? But then again maybe parents are keeping their kids out of school...

"Updates on the emergent and temporary tightening of visa issuance for the purpose of SARS prevention

2003/5/29 Updated

Foreigners entering Taiwan by using Toronto as the port of embarkation are subject to Home Compulsory Quarantine due to WHO's recent inclusion of Toronto as one of the "areas with recent local transmission of SARS". If this applies to you and you are going to apply for visitor visa due to some special circumstance, please consult with our office in Toronto or this office for further information.

Visa-exempt entry and landing visa scheme are still not available for foreigners traveling to Taiwan from all areas of Canada.

Foreigners traveling to Taiwan from areas other than Toronto of Canada can apply for visa to enter Taiwan upon presentation of a Health Status Form along with all other normal application documents. The Form doesn't have to be certified by a medical doctor. It can be downloaded from the right column. If you are already holding a valid visa, you can enter Taiwan and are "not" required to submit the aforesaid additional Health Status Form to this office. You will have to have your body temperature checked and fill in a SARS survey form upon your arrival to Taiwan.

Please also read Home Compulsory Quarantine Procedure for Arriving Passengers on the SARS Information Web of Center for Disease Control."
edgrimley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Today's update from Vancouver office Reply with quote

Is that there is no update...

"Visa-exempt entry and landing visa scheme are still not available for foreigners traveling to Taiwan from all areas of Canada."

This strikes me as odd. Surely SARS is a medical not a political issue. What is this - tit for tat, as in 'You don't let our citizens in therefore we won't let yours in' or something silly like that? Toronto didn't even have enough cases to make quarantining from Ontario an issue, yet now Canadians from Saskatoon can't land in Taipei without a song and dance amount of paper work. I don't get it
admittwo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Visa Update Reply with quote

My husband and I both received multiple entry Taiwan visa's from the Vancouver consolate this week. It was not a problem at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: