Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your sincere and expert oppinion about Italy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabina.filion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: I need your sincere and expert oppinion about Italy Reply with quote

I need your sincere and expert oppinion about Italy and TESL career. Hopefully you can help me out with several questions I have. Please bare with me while I explain me past and future career path.

My name is Sabina, I am 28 years of age and live in Montreal Canada. I am Italian and canadian. I have dual citizenship ital-canadian and codice fiscale. My mother lives in Rome, so finding a place to live isn't a problem. I am presently completing my 120 hr certificate in TESL/TEFL in Montreal Canada. I have completed a university certificate in Management and have excellent job references, always as an account executive, with INTL companies such as Panasonic Canada and Brother corp INTL. I feel I don't have enough language skills to dive into a sales career in Italy. I am perfectly bilingual eng(mother tongue)/french and have good italian language skills. I cannot express through e-mail how I feel about moving and living in Italy, as well as being close to my mom. I have been visiting Italy every year for now 8 years and would like to seriously plan my move. For this I need your help.

Even though some of you might have had bad experiences in Italy, your negative oppinion will not change my mind. All I want is your sincere oppinion.

1. From visiting and working in Italy, what do you think is the best or the most demanded credentials for job placement in Italy ? TESL ?...
2. How much actual teaching experience is needed to grant me a good salary ?
3. What is the average salary ? + - 800 euros/ month ?
4. Were you paid weekly/montly ?
5. When you made the move to teach in Italy, how much daily money did you calculate as a budget ?
6. What is the best time to apply for a job ?
7. When is the best time to start working ?
8. Are you still TESL/TEFL ?
9. What was your general opinion about working in Italy ?
10. Do you have any schools you can refer me to in Rome ?

I will deeply appreciate any information you will give me !

Thanks in advance !

Sabina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most highly demanded credential in Italy is probably your EU passport, so, along with your TEFL cert., it shouldn't be too terrible for you to find a job there -- though Rome will be more difficult than most of the rest of Italy. The first thing you might want to try is a little networking through mom -- nepotism is the surest way into any career.

I don't have any specific salary info for you, but since Italy is probalby one of the most desireable destinations for TEFL people, I'd imagine the TEFL salary there is compartively poor reguardless of credentials.

Check up on vaccinations and passport issues, if you have time, while in your TEFL course. Since you plan to go to Europe and have an EU passport neither of those should be much of an issue, but it never hurts to check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: