Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U of Sharjah: a good place to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: U of Sharjah: a good place to work? Reply with quote

Apart from the benefit cuts that were discussed on a previous post, what all can anyone tell me about working for the UOS? Are people happy working there? Is it a good job? How does it compare to places like Zayed and HCT and UAEU?

Thank you.
younggeorge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't pay quite as much as the big 3 government institutions and that's probably the main reason why we get several people from UoS applying to ZU each year.

Apart from the salary, I think it's OK. I know a couple of people who've been there for years and they seem content.
grand fromage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other post was talking about the American U. of Sharja. There's also Sharja University which is owned the sheik of that emirate. I think YG is talking about the latter. Which one did you have in mind?
younggeorge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grand fromage wrote:
The other post was talking about the American U. of Sharja. There's also Sharja University which is owned the sheik of that emirate. I think YG is talking about the latter. Which one did you have in mind?

Yes, I was. But there was also a post about benefit cuts at the U of S - it didn't get as much follow-up as the AUS one but it was there. So the OP wasn't necessarily wrong, but it would still be a good idea to make it quite clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: