Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Germanys corrupt Legal system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reality

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Germanys corrupt Legal system Reply with quote

After becoming a victim of a vicious and blatent campaign of legal and physical harresment. By an alcoholic and sick neighbour.

I have been forced to leave Germany, because of debts forced on me by this person. False debts and claims, which the local Civil Court, have not allowed me to contest.

Basically, Germany has one of the most corrupt, and unjust legal systems within the EU. Any criminal, working with a Lawyer. can ruin your life here, irrespective of your innocence or not.

I would recommend anyone thinking of Germany, to look at other Countries. Even Germans acknowledge, the country has a lousy legal system, which offers little protection to people.

Do not expect anythibg from Germany, except trouble.
Seeker of truth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Journalists Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting journalists to see if there's any interest in publicizing your story? Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
poro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Germanys corrupt Legal system Reply with quote

reality wrote:
I have been forced to leave Germany, because of debts forced on me by this person. False debts and claims, which the local Civil Court, have not allowed me to contest

Reality, it's not that the system is corrupt, but German law does have features that might surprise someone from an 'Anglo' country. For example, they have very short time limits for people to react, and if you don't keep within them, you've lost, whatever merits your own case may have.

Another point is, when a claim is filed, no one at the court checks its validity at that stage. All they do is process the claim. So it's important to get your word in while you have the chance.
CROGO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How short are the time limits?

How do you know that a claim has been filed against you?
butterbrot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CROGO wrote:
How short are the time limits?

How do you know that a claim has been filed against you?

I believe the time limit for an answer to a civilian Mahnbescheid is 10 days. Poro may have more information on the time limits.

You'll know there has been a claim against you, if it's a monetary claim, because you'll receive a Mahnbescheid in the mail at your last known address.

If it's the Finanzamt which has made a monetary claim there is little time to respond before they attach your bank account until the amount is paid in full.

If you receive notice of a claim from the Finanzamt, get yourself to your local office pronto (same day if at all possible) and try to make some arrangement to get a bank loan to pay them so that you're still able to receive your wages and to withdraw them from your account.
poro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butterbrot has it right, except the time limit for a civil claim might be 14 days (but I'm not sure and would have to check). At any rate, they tell you on the document how long you have, so if you ever get one, you'll find out.

The main thing to understand, though, is that it's a "default summons", which means it's been officially served as soon as it goes in your letterbox, and the clock doesn't stop ticking for ANY reason.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect ? The country is full of Germans and other foreigners !

They can't be trusted !
poro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
They can't be trusted !

Of course they can be trusted, as you know, scot47 - people just have to learn their rules Cool

(...apologies, but my irony detectors are bad - I take what you say at face value)
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Bryson is right. Americans have a poor sense of irony. But then I suppose they don't read Bill Bryson either !
poro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from north Europe, not America.

We're dopey, and think what you say is what you mean

Last edited by poro on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
poro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, who's Bill Bryson? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: