Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lookin' for a little more info about the scene in Casablanca
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nolefan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, both of us had some issues with parasites while in Morocco. It was most likely the result of our trip to my brother's farms in Marakech when we ate a lot of fruits off the trees and didn't clean/wipe them properly.

In my case, I had a bit of an issue due to moving from drinking 2 litters/day of watered down American style coffee for 9 years and then drinking a dozen coffees/day for the first few days there.... My stomach felt like it had arsenic in it Confused Confused
Hod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J+Remy must�ve got through his first Ramadan, but he�s awfully quiet. One wonders how cosmopolitan Casablanca felt when the cafes were all shut for the recent festivities. After he�d queued for forty-five minutes in Acima, and returned to a darkened classroom for a lonely cheese sandwich, what was he thinking? Just how gorgeous were those jellaba-ed up women. It�s funny how religion surfaces during the holy month, isn�t it, J+Remy?

Now, he could be having fun, but I always like to talk about my favourite places. I love to offer advice about the countries I�ve enjoyed living in. Could he be having too much fun to post on here? Has he set tefl.com as his home page? Perhaps, he�s long gone, with Maroc but a faded memory.

Where are you J+Remy? These peeps need ya.
DesertStar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI for all, an AIDS test (along with a TB one) seems to be required all over for residency, it has very little to do with your country of origin or the country of intended residency. Most (if not all) Gulf states require it, in fact, your visa process won't go anywhere pending med results.

The US requires it too prior to issuing residency (green card) to all immigrants. Moreover, it has to be done at specifically designated clinics.
medina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: AID and TB test for residency Reply with quote

DesertStar mentions this as being required in the Gulf states. It doesn't exist in Morocco.
taamarbuuta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I'd seen this sooner. I can't believe the wealth of completely incorrect info.
Hod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such as..?
j. remy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hod wrote:

Now, he could be having fun, but I always like to talk about my favourite places. I love to offer advice about the countries I�ve enjoyed living in. Could he be having too much fun to post on here? Has he set tefl.com as his home page? Perhaps, he�s long gone, with Maroc but a faded memory.

Where are you J+Remy? These peeps need ya.

my deepest apologies Hod, I've been too busy enjoying Casa (and Morocco in general) to spend any time refuting all your hackneyed diatribes. Life is good in my two floor apartment situated in the midst of Parc Yasmina and the gardens of the Spanish Consulate. Gorgeous views from the balconies and zellij (Moroccan ceramic mosaics) in the bathrooms. Just bought a new washing machine cuz i think i'll be stayin' a while.

I haven't encountered any of the bad scary icky things you predicted would cause me to get depressed and or spend all my days posting my woes on this site. You must have spent the majority of your time in Morocco starting threads on this very forum about how much Casa got your briefs in a bunch.

Sorry I didn't join you for a drink at the Tigris in Maarif - i think i had at least eleven and a half more promising things to do that night.

And I think I must have met more cute girls during Ramadan than during any other single month since I arrived in April.

Last edited by j. remy on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, we can meet for beers then.
j. remy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hod wrote:
cool, we can meet for beers then.

ahh, the minimalist approach. you must be watching this forum like a hawk in order to suppress any rumblings of people enjoying life in Morocco.

You must be in Darfur? Kashmir? Gaza? these days...

Dhakka? Port-au-Prince? Kabul?

Or are you teaching in Baghdad's Green Zone?

Regardless, I'm sure you've found a place to teach English which truly merits all the complaining (pardon me... info sharing) you do.
Hod

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey dokey
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j. remy,
I'm glad you are enjoying your time there. I thought it was a wonderful place to live and teach. Couldn't believe anyone except the embassy dolts could find so much to whine about.
Hod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J+Remy, care to respond? I'll even lend you my shovel.
j. remy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encourage any Westerner considering moving Morocco to immediately proceed to wherever Hod currently lives (someplace much better than Morocco).
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's dying to know where I am.

Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand. It has some nice sidewalk cafes inches from the traffic to make you feel at home Jeremy. Mind you, quite a few tourists here. The number of tourists in Casa can be counted on the thumbs of one foot, weird one that.

j. remy wrote:
And I think I must have met more cute girls during Ramadan than during any other single month since I arrived in April.

Well, Thai women Vs Moroccan, tricky I'll admit. The girls here would love nothing more than to marry a hansum westerner like me, bit like Morocco. How about it J? Any thoughts on marriage in Maroc?
j. remy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hod wrote:
Any thoughts on marriage in Maroc?

Ummmm.... Same as my current thoughts on marriage in any country.

Not happenin' (to me) any time soon.

That doesn't stop me from thinking that Moroccan women are gorgeous.

And Chergui Daya just came out with two new flavors of yaourt � boire - dates / cereals and avocado. Why would I leave?

Anyway, get real close to them thar birds (poultry, not women) over thar fur me, wouldja?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: