Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belfast Academy, anyone heard of it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zach_w

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story keeps getting more and more messed up as time goes on. At first I was a little leery but was assured that I didn't have to pay for anything until I received a cheque, but now apparently I'm to speak to a Mr. David Speiberg because Grace Howard is on maternity leave??? Things just keep getting stranger and stranger... I mean if I do eventually get a cheque than I would be excited to go and check things out, but I know for certain the way that Belfast Academy is running things way wrong.

Has anyone who is a British citizen requested a meeting with these people? I think somebody should see if this is possible. Thanks.

Zach
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach, see the previous post!

You have to ask yourself why they would want to hire Canadians (or any other Anglophone country speakers) when there is a pretty good supply of UK nationals on the doorstep! I'm aware of the benefits of exposing people to other Englishes and accents but they don't seem to be at all interested in local workers.

I'd stop wasting your time unless you find amateur detective work fun.Smile

be careful
Sue
zach_w

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Update on the situation. Reply with quote

Hello all,

The story of Belfast Academy has taken an even stranger turn. Today I received 3 fraudulent Canada Post money orders from Nigeria, but the address where they were "purchased" was somewhere in Sarnia, Ontario. The name of the money order was Fred Mark and there was no phone number in Canada for a Fred Mark in Sarnia, Ontario. I would like to hereby warn anyone who is or has been dealing with Belfast Academy to stop immediately and to contact their country's national police force i.e. RCMP, MI-6, CIA, etc. Nigeria is a hotbed for scams and financial crime, so do not trust anything you may receive from there. To Sue H- I happen to enjoy amateur detective work and seeing as I already have a job starting in the new year- it's more of a hobby than anything. Well, have a nice day and blacklist Belfast Academy. Thanks

Zach
SueH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, glad you have a proper job, and thanks for the investigative work and the warning. It can be quite fun to wind up the scammers! Not sure you'll get anybody to take an interest; the DofEd wasn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: