Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

english teaching in Bangalore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minztee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: english teaching in Bangalore Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been in Bangalore the past year - teaching piano and exploring south indian classical music. I majored in music at a college in the American midwest. I also did the CELTA at International House, Budapest and then taught (English) for a year in Delhi (2003).
I was wondering if those of you who work in Bangalore could let me know how i might get back to teaching English again here in Bangalore - particularly if working part-time is possible. I plan on continuing with music - but want to keep my options open and dont want to get rusty in my language teaching skills.
By some strange twist- call it reverse discrimination if you wish - i think its easier for a north-American or European to get a job here than it is for me - in my own country! Wink
Thanks for the help!
- Siddhartha
antonita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hai siddhartha
well it depends what level of english you wanna teach. Do you want to take up private lessons or get a part time long term job. well let me know and shall see if i can help you out.
cheers
antonita
zaneth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier for Europeans? I always assumed they didn't need us teaching English there.
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corporate call centres in Bangalore frequently hire native speakers with TEFL certification to be English instructors and coaches. They typically pay US$1,000 per month and require that you work at night (when the employees answer calls from the U.S. and U.K.).
englishindian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Does anybody know anything about Inlingua in India ? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm looking for possibilities to work at inlingua in India..does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them. I think they have been around since 2003 in India and I am led to believe that they are quite big in India now..Apreciate your comments. Hope that you guys have a good TEFL year in India.

Cheers
memorabilis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most call centres are looking for full time. You should check out NEXT, which does have people on part-time. They also do hire Indians. Sorry, no link, but they're pretty big!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: