Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intesol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chelsea Cakes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Intesol Reply with quote

Hi Smile

Has anyone heard or know of Intesol for Tesol training I'm thinking about studying for my certificate with them and want to know if they are ligit before parting with any money.

If not can anyone recommend anywhere in England to study Tesol.

Many thanks

Chelsea cakes
London10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint George International on Mortimer Street off Regent Street, London has a reputation for giving the best training / being the best place to do the TESOL certificate although after you've got it, it doesn't really matter where you got it from, (so long as the place is legit).

Go to http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=tesol_certificate.provider_locator for a list of all legitimate places offering the TESOL course.

If you can't find a place near you offering TESOL then try the Cambridge CELTA instead
http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/centres/teaching/search.do?country=GB&qualification=10&domesticCountry=GB-ENG&source=teacheraward

There is little / no difference between CELTA or TESOL to an employer although the courses vary slightly.

Intesol is not accredited by Trinity College, (its not on the above list), therefore their TESOL certificate is not the legit Trinity College one. Its seems to be some dodgy online course. On their website they say their course is fully accredited yet fail to say by whom. (themselves of course - not trinity college their course name sake)
Mia2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: INTESOL Reply with quote

"it doesn't really matter where you got it from, (so long as the place is legit). " Yes, this is perfectly true!

"There is little / no difference between CELTA or TESOL to an employer although the courses vary slightly" Also there is no difference to an employer if the TESOL course is a reputable one and accreditted. CELTA and TRINITY are not the only ones...as many ex-students from other courses can testify.

It is true that "Intesol is not accredited by Trinity College" and there is no reason to be. Trinity is Trinity, with their own trade mark.
"Its seems to be some dodgy online course" This is absolutely unfair and it proves utter lack of information. It would be useful for everyone on the list if the information provided is real. In your case it is not. Go to www.intesoltesoltraining.com webpage and you will see there everything about accreditation and lots of information.
"On their website they say their course is fully accredited yet fail to say by whom. " It's there: it IS ACCREDITTED by the college of Teachers in England, which is a body of the Institute of Education of London University. There was one posting which listed most of the accreditation bodies, and the College of Teachers was listed among the top ones.
Please, for the sake of honesty and fairness, whenever one offers some information that could be useful to anyone on the list, do some research first. Hearsay is misleading and counterproductive and could harm more people and institutions than one thinks.
One has to make a decision based on facts so let's play fair!
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me I'd check that they were accredited. Try:

Institute of Education
University of London
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
UK

Telephone 020 7612 6000
Fax 020 7612 6126
(If telephoning from outside the UK replace the initial '020' with '+44 20')
Email [email protected]
www.ioe.ac.uk
kerrilee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: INTESOL Reply with quote

I did my course with INTESOL (in Spain though) and found them to be very professional and organised. I have had jobs in Thailand and the UK, and have got job offers in China with the certificate. The College of Teachers accredit the course and they are highly respected - you also get a certificate from them. As long as you do a 120 hour course with teaching practice you should be ok. I know others who used INTESOL are working all over the world with no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: