Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping to Kuwait

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meorbust

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Shipping to Kuwait Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the fastest and/or cheapest way to send things to Kuwait from the United Arab Emirates. It is about 50 kg of personal belongings in boxes. Should I deal with a cargo place here and have them 'import' (I like to say 'receive') or should I use my employer's address as the destination? Or do I just simply tell the cargo company in the U.A.E. to send them to the air or sea port and go there personally to get my things? Should I have the cargo company in the Emirates include my Kuwaiti mobile number on the boxes? Is it better to ship by air or sea? Any info that would make this process simple would help me a lot. Thank you. Feel free to PM me.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will have to choose fast OR cheap. Laughing

You may want to confer with your new employer and see what they suggest. They may have a shipping company that they have a relationship with and can receive your items for you. I have done that.

If there is no help there, I would go to one of the shipping companies that has an office in each country and get prices for various options from them. That way you can choose how much you wish to pay for how much convenience. Check around with friends to see if any of them have shipping companies that they have dealt with and trust. I've done this too, but the company that I used was purchased by another company and they went out of the business of shipping for individuals.

All of my friends and I always had pretty good luck with shipping stuff between countries. It is done all the time. None of us ever lost anything, but I would carry anything that you couldn't easily replace.

Perhaps someone will come on with a company to recommend. You may want to make a post on the UAE board asking if anyone knows a shipping company in your city in the Emirates. Not everyone reads the Kuwait board. Otherwise there is the yellow pages.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: